VGFacts

Full Version: Mouse Wheel Click on Main Page not working properly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I normally use the middle wheel click on my mouse to open a new tab so I can view multiple pages from the main page. Just recently (this week) clicking on an entry from the home page of VGFacts with the mouse wheel opens opens a new tab for the Page I clicked, but opens the same link in the current window.

So, the mouse wheel click both opens a new tab with any selection from Recent Updates and Most Popular Games and changes the current tab to the same entry. Anyone else having this problem?
I just tested; I'm not getting the same problem.

Are you clicking on the text, or the image?
Bug confirmed and fixed. JavaScript is being used to make the entire banner clickable so I'm now checking which mouse button you used and only triggering the JavaScript link if you left clicked.

That being said, you will need to middle-click on the actual text, not the banner, if you want to open it in a new tab.
(10-24-2013, 02:24 AM)Dazz Wrote: [ -> ]I just tested; I'm not getting the same problem.

Are you clicking on the text, or the image?

It's not doing it anymore, guess it fixed itself.
... No, Pete fixed it, as he said :P
I use Firefox, he uses Chrome, it's likely that Firefox wasn't acting in the same manner.
(10-24-2013, 04:58 AM)Petie Wrote: [ -> ]Bug confirmed and fixed. JavaScript is being used to make the entire banner clickable so I'm now checking which mouse button you used and only triggering the JavaScript link if you left clicked.

That being said, you will need to middle-click on the actual text, not the banner, if you want to open it in a new tab.

Thanks Petie!