VGFacts

Full Version: Viewtiful Joe: Movie References
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know this might be shocking. A game about movies has movie references.

During the games credits, faux movie posters are shown to advertise the games levels.
I believe all them are references to famous movie posters, although I cannot peg them all, so help would be appreciated.
[Image: CharlesPoster.jpg]
This is a reference to the Nightmare of Dracula poster.
[Image: 6a00d8341ca18953ef013487606dad970c-300wi]

[Image: HulkPoster.jpg]
This is obivously a reference to King Kong, although I can find the exact poster.
[Image: KING-KONG-Theatrical-1-Sheet-Poster-1976.-368x490.jpg]
(It may be this one, and was re-drawn as to not bring up 9/11)

[Image: BrucePoster.jpg]
This is a reference to Jaws 2.

[Image: jaws-poster.jpg]

[Image: BluePoster.jpg]
and this is a reference to Star Wars.

[Image: star-wars-poster.jpg]

I could not figure out what movies are being parodied in these (if any at all.)
[Image: ALASTERposter.png]

[Image: LeoPoster.jpg]

[Image: AnotherPoster.jpg]

(I will edit this if I do.)

One more little fact, The scar on Captain Blue is on the helmet.
[Image: ALASTERposter.png]
[Image: _-Devil-May-Cry-PS2-_.jpg]

[Image: LeoPoster.jpg]
[Image: gladiator.jpg]

[Image: AnotherPoster.jpg]
[Image: the-hunt-for-red-october.jpg]

You're welcome.
Thanks Man! I guess they weren't all movie references after all.
Makes sense why I didn't know them (I've never seen Hunt for Red October, or Gladiator, and I've only seen the US DMC box, not PAL/NTSC-J box.)
I'm wondering about one of the titles. 'Some like it hot' was a famous classic film from the same time period as king kong, and I was wondering if the one 'Some like it red hot' is meant to reference both films.
Edit: Also, one of the most famous live action Disney films was 20,000 Leagues under the Sea. I'd bet you anything the title of 2,000,000 Leagues Under the Sea is meant to reference that film also (and the book), and not just the film Jaws.
(11-10-2013, 04:42 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: [ -> ]I'm wondering about one of the titles. 'Some like it hot' was a famous classic film from the same time period as king kong, and I was wondering if the one 'Some like it red hot' is meant to reference both films.
Edit: Also, one of the most famous live action Disney films was 20,000 Leagues under the Sea. I'd bet you anything the title of 2,000,000 Leagues Under the Sea is meant to reference that film also (and the book), and not just the film Jaws.

I know that the titles are also references to movies, but I was specifically talking the posters themselves.