VGFacts

Full Version: DayZ of our Lives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
New Thread. Quotes, unattributed, to all thoughtful discussion in first thread. Every new line is a different quote. Continue thoughtful discussion.
Quote: The alpha has been out for a while. Discuss.

I am considering it, but my experience with Day Z has been "searching, searching, searching, searching, hey look a man in a church, hey why'd you shoot me? Are you just going to leave me he-," got eaten by zombies as he walked out.

If we could get a group of 3+ on here for a server with mics then I would definitely get on the standalone. That's my only real problem with DayZ. It is awfully lonely.

I pretty much burned myself out on DayZ when I tried to play with 15 other players on mumble, and we ended up shooting each other because someone forgot to do the secret handshake.

I was just playing with a group of people from the BroTeam forums/mumble. It was good fun, even with all the game crashing and server deaths.
We ended up getting killed by some prick with an assault rifle after he jumped us when we were looting a dead teammate's body after he glitched through the wall of the second floor of a building.

Once you know where to find the best loot the only thing to really keep you going is PVP.

Except they keep randomizing the loot spawn points now, to an extent. Obviously you will still be able to find military grade gear at military bases but you'll have to be extremely lucky to find something better elsewhere. Getting into one is a whole adventure in itself.

You know what I think would be really cool to add in the stand alone? I want to see more car stuff, like upgrades and such.

They don't last that long, do they? From watching friends play, I can agree with this. But you also don't want the vehicles to be too overpowered, you know?

True, but they're a lot to maintain. A tank probably shouldn't casually drive from station to station and a car can't handle crashes and is still tied to said stations.

It'd be really cool to see duffle bags and such tied onto the back for a storage bag or maybe some minor armor upgrades. Nothing to stop a high velocity bullet, but something to make .45 drive-bys a bit less feasible.

There's a mod for DayZ, I forgot the name of it though, that changed the map as well as adding in a bunch of vehicles that spawn more often.

Player ingenuity, eh? The things the arma mod got really speaks to the devotion some of the people working on those have.
Have they implemented any building mechanics in the stand alone? I wouldn't figure they would but it'd be cool.
Alright guys im thinking of getting this game once my laptop is fixed up with heating issues but i have to ask, its not hard to run this game right? i can run skyrim, tf2, gmod, L4D2 and thats all i play so i should be able to play this
(01-10-2014, 04:22 PM)PixelXenoKing Wrote: [ -> ]Alright guys im thinking of getting this game once my laptop is fixed up with heating issues but i have to ask, its not hard to run this game right? i can run skyrim, tf2, gmod, L4D2 and thats all i play so i should be able to play this

Here's the minimum specs:

Steam Wrote:OS: Windows Vista SP2 or Windows 7 SP1
Processor: Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT or AMD Radeon HD 3830 or Intel HD Graphics 4000 with 512 MB VRAM
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 10 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX®-compatible

So, if your computer has that or greater than you should be fine.
Some of the most amazing DayZ encounters. The first video seriously gives me the creeps.

http://www.relyonhorror.com/all/10-aweso...s-in-dayz/
Hey, I'm thinking about this game, but it isn't worth it if I can't get some friends together and everyone around my area is a consolite. Anyone else interested in a VGFacts Day Z group?
Yes.

EDIT: New stuff coming to DayZ! http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/...r-testing/
(01-19-2014, 10:31 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: [ -> ]Some of the most amazing DayZ encounters. The first video seriously gives me the creeps.

http://www.relyonhorror.com/all/10-aweso...s-in-dayz/

The yellow jacket one makes me laugh every time. I have got to get this game some time.
I just picked it up, let me know on Steam if you want to try it out.
Why isn't the title of this thread "DayZ of our lives" ?

Also, @Requirements thing, I use this: http://systemrequirementslab.com/cyri to see if I can run a game on my PC.
(01-26-2014, 04:50 PM)Wastelander Wrote: [ -> ]Why isn't the title of this thread "DayZ of our lives" ?

Change the thread title to this. tia
Played it solo for a while, I enjoyed it.
ALSO, does anyone have any medicine I could use? I'll trade you a hat.
(01-26-2014, 09:37 PM)Arjahn Wrote: [ -> ]Played it solo for a while, I enjoyed it.
ALSO, does anyone have any medicine I could use? I'll trade you a hat.

We need to play together some day. Add me on Skype. I'm sure you can guess my username.
Played with Mass Distraction for a bit, we both starved to death because apparently two cities had zero cans of food in them. Then I spawned and immediately broke my legs.

Fun stuff
WE NEED TO DO THIS AGAIN

Psycho, you still contemplating on getting this game?
Pages: 1 2 3