VGFacts

Full Version: Borderlands 2 Free for all
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All taken straight from:
http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Krieg
If you can rephrase it into a better statement, feel free to take it. I've got a headache and found out a while back its generally looked down upon to copy paste. Can't say I blame people for that, it makes sense with other things.

Krieg has a quote each for winning or losing a duel that are based on quotes from Doctor Who, particularly the last words said by various Doctors before they regenerated:

When losing he can say, "It's the end... but the meat has been prepared." The Fourth Doctor said "It's the end... but the moment has been prepared."
When winning he can say, "You were fantastic. SO WAS I." The ninth Doctor said almost the same thing.
When Krieg goes down, he sometimes says, "I don't want to go!" - the final words of The Tenth Doctor.
"No last words for the eighth!" refers to the fact that the Eighth Doctor's death was never shown.
"Feels different this time" is the last thing said before the Fifth Doctor regenerated into the Sixth.

His quote, "Friendship is HATE!" is a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic joke.

Krieg often breaks the fourth wall with quotes.

"Too... Many... Icons..." shows that skills are connected to skill icons.
"See the numbers, taste the violence...." shows that items are connected to numbers.

The "Box cover, box cover!" rant is Krieg speaking to the psycho depicted on the box art for Borderlands and Borderlands 2.

The line, "Bloody sand, give me back my skull!" is a reference to the game "50 Cent: Blood on the Sand", in which 50 Cent is trying to retrieve his diamond-encrusted skull.

Krieg's quote, "The voices said empty, hollow, and thud." is a reference to the Rosenhan Experiment, in which sane people were put into mental hospitals to test the validity of psychiatric diagnoses. The experimenters were instructed to pretend to hear the words, "empty, hollow, and thud," as auditory hallucinations in order to gain admission to the hospitals.

Krieg's quote, "From Hell's heart, I stab at thee," is from Moby Dick by Herman Melville.

Krieg's inner voice is compared to a man driving an out-of-control semi truck by Anthony Burch. [the writer] He cannot stop the truck, but he can try and steer it away from as many innocents as possible.

Krieg's quote while opening a chest: "What an amazing chest, Gwynevere!" is a reference to the game Dark Souls, in which a giant sized character named Gwynevere appears. Often players will find messages from other players using an in-game system saying, "Amazing chest ahead!" referencing her ample bosom.

Krieg's quote"Naha, It's like Arbor Day!" is a reference to Roland's quote from Borderlands when finding loot,"It's like Christmas".

Krieg's line "When my powers combine!" is a reference to Captain Planet and the Planeteers cartoon where upon summoning Captain Planet he would say, "With your powers combined, I am Captain Planet!"

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Gaige

Gaige is the first playable character to have abilities which have a
negative affect on her (her Anarchy stacks and their accuracy
reduction).

One of her random lines while opening treasure chests - "It's like
Hanukkah!" - suggests that Gaige may be Jewish, however this may be a
parody of Rolands's 'It's like Christmas!'.

A few of her general combat quotes (the 'unstopabble', 'dominating',
'multi-kill', and 'monster kill' lines) are references to the announcer voice in the Unreal Tournament series of games.

The bounty on Gaige's head is $820,000,000,000 which is the highest
among all playable Borderlands characters to date. She is wanted for the
"creation of unauthorized technology" and "excessive adorability." No
wanted posters of Gaige exist in game however (the $820 billion figure
is from her intro movie).

Original concept art of Gaige featured her robot hand as being more
crude and with only four digits. The arm in her final design has a full
set of digits and has a more completed appearance. Aside from the arm,
little else seemed to have been changed from the original design.

When building stacks of Anarchy, Gaige's personality undergoes a gradual
shift from normal, to highly excited, to full-blown god-complex and
fourth-wall breaking.

Many of Gaige's skills are based off of phrases from the TV show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Rat
Rat Thieves can steal money from Gaige's DeathTrap, Axton's Saber
Turret, or Zer0's hologram, increasing the amount of money they drop
when killed, however the money isn't stolen from the player's reserves.

In True Vault Hunter Mode, the Lab Rat's name changes to R.O.U.S, an
acronym for Rodents Of Unusual Size. This is a reference to the strange
rats that inhabit the fire swamp in the 1973 novel and 1987 movie The Princess Bride.