VGFacts

Full Version: Normal Boots?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw on the main that we're somehow affiliated with something called Normal Boots.
What is that?

Nevermind, feel like an idiot, remembered it was the site Jontron uses, currently trying to load a video on it with mixed results.
I always thought that Normal Boots was defunct because I never heard any more about it after so long.

Right now I'm trying to watch the newest DYKG on the site.
I'm also having troubles trying to watch videos. I guess everyone is trying to watch them at once. Though I'd rather not, I can wait to watch them.
Has anybody else registered, and if so has anybody gotten their e-mail for it yet?
The site is currently being bombarded. There were over 15,000 people on it at a single time not long ago. I think it's dying down. To 12,000.
Why is the kingdom hearts video set at 240p (well, at least for me)? Is there no way to change the quality?

Wait, after viewing the rest of the video it's now in normal quality. So why was the intro in 240p while the rest of the video is 360p or 720p?
The video adjusts to your bandwidth/site's bandwidth. While it's under so much stress, it can't stream to you at a speed that would work in HD.

You also have to select to turn HD on in the top right of the video player.
I guess I'll be waiting a little while then. Out of curiosity, how many people does vgfacts average?
Throughout the day it's constantly at 50, it tends to peak at about 1,500 when something big happens.
I was finally able to watch the new JonTron and DYKG, definitely worth the minimal wait. And I only had one small issue with buffering. Tomorrow, I shall venture into the territory of Continue? and catch-up with the episodes I missed.
The site peaked at about 19,000 viewers at once I think. We're getting more servers to handle the heavy load. I remember we started with 6 thinking everything would be fine, but ended up using all 9 we had quickly. We ordered more and more throughout the night, and will get even more soon. I heard the phrase "30 servers" being thrown around, so it should be able to handle pretty much anything in the future.