VGFacts

Full Version: Similiarities between two Pokèmon XY characters...coincidence or connection?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Two characters from Pokémon X & Y, Korrina and Diantha, share some similiarities: they are both important characters in the story, and they are met multiple times in-game.

Their first meeting with the players happen in close locations and close times: Diantha is met in Lumiose City before going on route 5, whilte Korrina is met at route 5 right after exiting Lumiose City. They both use megaevolutions, they know ME's secret and they are the only ones to use it in the Battle Chateau, despite other trainers using Mega Evolvable Pokémon. They’re also the only trainers to share the same Pokémon in their teams, Hawlucha.

Their favorite Pokémon, Lucario and Gardevoir, both come from a previous generation, can both MegaEvolve and their evolutionary families' position in the Central Kalos Pokédex is close(62-63, 64-67). Despite using different meanings(direct gift/trading, respectively), they give them as a gift for the players with the respective Mega stone alredy holded(They are the only ones to do so: Sycamore gives you a Mega Evolvable Kanto Starter and the rispective Mega Stone, but such Poémon don't hold the Mega Stone already, contrarely to Korrina and Diantha).

Their Japanese name are similiar, differing just for the vocals: (Korrina is Koruni/Corni, while Diantha is Karune/Carnet). They also share some physical and aesthetical features: the both wear boots, shorts and low-necked tops.
Their clothing color is mostly white, and they both have azure eyes. It's unknown whenever or not all those similiarites are just coincidental or if there's some relationship between them that could be explained in the future.

Source: Bulbapedia.

SERIOUSLY EDIT - Reformatting (hope you don't mind, but it hurt my eyes.)
Can we have some proof? To me, all this shows me is text and doesn't really show what your tring to show us. Also, you said you got this from Bulbapedia, but what page did you get it? Just saying Bulbapedia does not tell me anything of the source.
(01-28-2014, 11:41 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: [ -> ]Can we have some proof? To me, all this shows me is text and doesn't really show what your tring to show us. Also, you said you got this from Bulbapedia, but what page did you get it? Just saying Bulbapedia does not tell me anything of the source.

Go to the characters respective pages.
Could you give us links to those pages? What sources do those pages use to back this up?
Just saying, I know Bulbapedia is not always on cue. For example, shop prices are rarely correct on their. I would like to see more, like some pictures documenting it.
(01-28-2014, 12:19 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: [ -> ]Could you give us links to those pages? What sources do those pages use to back this up?
Just saying, I know Bulbapedia is not always on cue. For example, shop prices are rarely correct on their. I would like to see more, like some pictures documenting it.
If you've played the games,you could see their similiarities.If I've made an useless analysis and/or got someting wrong,severyone could say it.Anyway:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Korrina
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Diantha