VGFacts

Full Version: Excitebike Reference on LoZ:MM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When playing Majora's Mask and you come across Keaton, he'll ask a series of questions. A sound is made signaling whether you got a question correct or incorrect. The sound that is made when you get a question correct is the same sound made when you pause the game in the middle of a race on Excitebike. And, of course, both games were made by Nintendo. If you don't have the games or emulators, here are two You Tube references-

The first video makes this sound about 3 seconds in and it is made several times in the second video.
This is a great piece of trivia, but I just wanted to make sure you knew to submit trivia to the actual site, as creating a thread does not count as submitting the trivia.
http://www.vgfacts.com/game/thelegendofz...jorasmask/
Hit the submit trivia button, type in your trivia. You can use this thread as a reference.
He has, I asked him to post his sources here, as it required 2 video links :)
Thanks for the help. What I think is really funny is that MM is around 13 years old and Excitebike is around 26 years old. And I accidentally recognized the sound when my 20 month old niece hit the pause button while I was playing an emulator i recently downloaded on my phone and MM is my favorite Zelda game behind ALttP.
Holy Crap. That's a cool piece of trivia. I love finding out sounds or effects were reused from older games, and this is one of the few that I never knew.
I believe this sound effect (or a variant) is actually used in several NES games, often for pausing. The first ones that comes to mind are the Super Mario Bros. 1 and 3 pause sounds:

I flagged this piece of trivia asking if this needed to be altered to point out Spherix's finding.