VGFacts

Full Version: Video games you want to see animated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since the talk for animated video game adaptations has been going on in the Sly Cooper The Movie thread. I figured it was time to bring in this topic to the fellow gamers. So. What video game series is that you want to see adapted into an animated feature, or even an animated series for that matter? Name the game, and give a reason(a detailed reason) why you want to see this game adapted.

As much as I want to see an animated film of Zelda(done by the creator of Samurai Jack who is a fan of the zelda series) I've wanted to see a new Mario Bros cartoon happen for awhile now. I know that the previous attempts for mario cartoons are guilty pleasures for some, but some have wished for a more 'faithful' take on the Mario Bros. I know that if there was one person who would do justice with making a new Mario cartoon series, its Kyle Carrozza. Just look at his take on the Mario Bros.
[Image: tumblr_inline_mynffsXIN51rqphkb.jpg] He has some pretty good ideas for stories on the Mario bros(some of which take notes from Paper Mario) but I m surprised Nintendo hasn't seen this to contact him about making a Mario bros cartoon.

Apart from Mario. I want a Crash Bandicoot movie. It just has to happen.
Beyond Good & Evil, to be honest. If they can make that movie as thrilling as the old assed gameplay trailer of BG&E 2, then I think it'd be quite the interesting movie.
Ape Escape (yes I know about the anime, I just want something over here and maybe a movie)

Zelda (yes I know about the cartoon, I want another one)

Okage: the Shadow King

Sly Cooper

Prince of Persia (with help from Jordan Mechner)

Kingdom Hearts
Hitman would make a great kid's cartoon.
(01-29-2014, 04:25 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: [ -> ]Ape Escape (yes I know about the anime, I just want something over here and maybe a movie)

Zelda (yes I know about the cartoon, I want another one)

Okage: the Shadow King

Sly Cooper

Prince of Persia (with help from Jordan Mechner)

Kingdom Hearts

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa stop the car. There's an Ape escape anime?
(01-29-2014, 05:08 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: [ -> ]Hitman would make a great kid's cartoon.

Dora the Hitman.
(01-29-2014, 05:22 PM)PixelXenoKing Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-29-2014, 04:25 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: [ -> ]Ape Escape (yes I know about the anime, I just want something over here and maybe a movie)

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa stop the car. There's an Ape escape anime?

Saru Get You -On Air-. It was a Japanese only anime that took place some time after Ape Escape 3.

There was also a sires of shorts done for a Japanese market (which I think also came here, but I'm not sure about) and a few 2 minute shorts on Nicktoons which....... I would rather forget about.
(01-29-2014, 05:25 PM)Wastelander Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-29-2014, 05:08 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: [ -> ]Hitman would make a great kid's cartoon.

Dora the Hitman.

Where's the target? Is he in the bathroom? Is he on the stage? Is he in the viewer's booth?
I always thought Jet Set Radio would make a cool anime.
I forgot to menchen this. I want a Jak and Daxter show. That would so cool. They could bring in new villans that we never saw and bring back the big bads from the first game. Naughty Dog, get to making this. I can wait for a Last of Us 2 or whatever your making.
I would love to see a Guilty Gear anime. They did one for BlazBlue so I don't see why they wouldn't do this.
A full CGI movie from any Blizzard game.
I would like to see either or both Final Fantasy 9 and Legend of the Dragoon to be made into an anime. Plus the way the 4 discs are set up for each game, they could be a seasons worth of episodes and a complete story arc.

Although the way Final Fantasy 9 is, the 3rd and 4th disc would probably be combined since 4th disc pretty much is set up to let you level grind till you are strong enough to fight the final boss, no other story elements are there to support a full season. Maybe a few episodes here and there unless they want to really drag it out.
Wow. Getting a ton of good feedback on this topic. I might as well add some more games to my list of being adapted for animation after I think things over.

(01-29-2014, 04:25 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: [ -> ]Zelda (yes I know about the cartoon, I want another one)
I remember that my older brother HATED the daylights out of The Legend of Zelda cartoon that came out in the past. I told him that the only reason why it was bad in most of the eyes of the gamers was because DIC just didn't care. If a new zelda cartoon happens, they outta get someone who is good enough for the job to do justice for the Zelda series.

(01-29-2014, 04:25 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: [ -> ]Sly Cooper
Sly cooper is getting a movie that is coming out in 2016. I've always wanted to see an animated series of Sly Cooper done in the style of the comic book cutscenes from the 2nd and 3rd game. That would be a great animated show to watch if done right in the right hands.

(01-29-2014, 04:25 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: [ -> ]Kingdom Hearts
. Kinda surprised Disney hasn't done anything with this in terms of film. Maybe Disney wants to see a Kingdom Hearts movie happen, while Square on the other hand doesn't want to see it happen(much to their demise on how that one Final Fantasy film almost shot Square Enix down to hell). If they ever do a KH film. Either make it fully animated. Or if you can get done in the Roger Rabbit style(live-action and animation). Get some good actors who can do the roles for the real life characters(like Sora, Riku and Kairi) and keep the animated Disney characters animated. Speaking of Disney. I remember reading that there was consideration for some cartoons based off of Epic Mickey. but it looks like nothing came out of that.

(01-30-2014, 07:56 AM)RyeoNox Wrote: [ -> ]A full CGI movie from any Blizzard game.
I know that we are getting a WoW movie. Although, I dont think its going to be an animated feature. Its probably gonna be done in live-action with a heavy amount of CG for special effects as well as the dragons and other creatures in the universe. If they can do a WoW as an animated film that is a straight-up fantasy flick. I'm sold if it was done like Ralph Bakshi's Wizards.
I honestly, would like to see a Happy Wars show/movie.

I mean, if it were a show, it would probably be either one that would be based off of the story mode of the game, or just a bunch of one-offs based off of different events that they've had (For example, the Bad Babies event, which was basically a war against murdurous babies, or the heavenly army event.).

But if it were to be a movie, it would definitely be based off of the campaign.