VGFacts

Full Version: Square Enix HD Collection Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Well that's a mouth full of a title. With last year's Kingdom Hearts 1, Chain of Memories and 358 days over 2 released in HD, the up coming FFX and FFX2 HD coming out in just under two weeks and the later to be released this year KH 2/Birth by sleep and I think Re: Coded, Square is getting a lot of games out in HD. I thought it would be interesting to talk about them as these releases are also international or final fix versions of their respective titles, which are all things that haven't been released outside of Japan until recently.

What I want to know, is what is everyone's take on all these HD games, all in their most content filled versions? Also, what other HD games would you like to see Square do? They released a lot of games on the PS2 and of course there's always talk of an FF7 HD remake amongst fans.

For me personally, I think it's awesome. My copy of the first KH game no longer worked on the PS2, as with my FFX. My KH2 was lost, and I don't have a charger with my PSP anymore. To me getting these things in HD on a blu-ray disc is nice. They are almost impossible to break and have multiple games. It's also cool that these release come with small artbooks if you pre-order them, and getting trophies for playing some of my favorite RPG's is a nice touch as well.

As for what other HD games they might make, we'll have to see, but besides FF12, I'd probably buy anything they'd HD up as they really seem to be going for the games fans enjoy most. Perhaps the success of these releases will also prompt a PS3/PS4 HD FF7? Who knows, we'll see.
I'm still waiting for that FFVII remake.

I mean, they've remade every single FF from I to VI, some even multiple times and on multiple platforms. It's time for VII to get its turn. I would also love to have a fresh start with that game.
I would love to see a FFVII remake, being the only FF I could bring myself to play.
A remake of FF7 will be announced the same day they announce Shenmue 3.
(03-06-2014, 05:34 AM)DeerBoarDude Wrote: [ -> ]A remake of FF7 will be announced the same day they announce Shenmue 3.

Sadly, that might actually be true.
I'm with everyone on the train of wanting an FFVII HD remake. But I dont see that happening anytime soon.
I want to see the hd treatment for Chrono Cross and Final Fantasy 9.
(03-06-2014, 08:37 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: [ -> ]I want to see the hd treatment for Chrono Cross and Final Fantasy 9.

Those I would be extremely excited for. Man, just thinking about any of those becoming a thing is exciting.
(03-06-2014, 08:37 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: [ -> ]I want to see the hd treatment for Chrono Cross and Final Fantasy 9.

Yes, this was gonna be my comment. Not so much Chrono Cross but FF 9 would be fantastic if they could update it to HD and have VO in it.

I'd say they'd have to have an HD remake of Trigger first else no one will really understand the ending of Cross. Some group tried that years ago to make a 3D remake of Chrono Trigger but Square got wise to it and shut it down. So unless they themselves make the attempt it won't happen anytime soon.

I know that Chrono Trigger got remade for the Nintendo DS. A HD remake would be pretty amazing for the Nintendo 3DS. I wish Square would give their other properties a chance. They don't realize that people are demanding/asking for a new game of Chrono and remakes that have been asked for years now. Yet. They are blind on the matter.
That was what Chrono Trigger was, a chance. What they failed to realize is that no one knew about the dang game because they didn't advertise it.
(03-07-2014, 10:03 PM)CLXcool Wrote: [ -> ]I know that Chrono Trigger got remade for the Nintendo DS. A HD remake would be pretty amazing for the Nintendo 3DS.

To be fair that was more of a port than a remake. But you are right, an HD remake would be fantastic. They would need to make it 3D for that though. But if they went with the Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch style it would work for the anime type of art they did. Or have the original artists who did the anime cutscenes, Akira Toriyama and his team.

Finally have some voice acting too and it would amazing.
(03-06-2014, 10:53 PM)GameWizard001 Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, this was gonna be my comment. Not so much Chrono Cross but FF 9 would be fantastic if they could update it to HD and have VO in it.

I'd say they'd have to have an HD remake of Trigger first else no one will really understand the ending of Cross. Some group tried that years ago to make a 3D remake of Chrono Trigger but Square got wise to it and shut it down. So unless they themselves make the attempt it won't happen anytime soon.

To be fair I don't think the game needs to be ported/remade for a third time. Two console's and a handheld later, I think it's time to give it's sequel a chance to shine. Perhaps they need to make a new Chrono game with an HD version of Cross attached to it?
(03-07-2014, 10:03 PM)CLXcool Wrote: [ -> ]I know that Chrono Trigger got remade for the Nintendo DS.

That wasn't a remake though. It was pretty much a straight port.

I personally don't even see the need to remake the game. It's pretty much perfect as is and looks gorgeous in 16 bits. The port to a current gen console (or past gen, in this case) was the best they could have done with the IP. I wouldn't be against a sequel though.
I wouldn't mind a new Chrono game. I haven't played Cross. Apart from seeing gameplay of it when I was little after my older brother started getting me into RPGs. Cross didn't spark my interest. After looking at some of it. Its a hit and miss to some people. I would be curious on how they would handle it with 3D or with a cel shaded look to mimic the 16 bit look from the SNES days.

One of the main things that prevents a new chrono game from happening, is the fact that one of the designers for the game wants a lot of the people who worked on both Trigger and Cross to be on the project. Pulling that off isn't going to be easy since some of the people who worked for Square when these games were being developed left the company.
Pages: 1 2 3 4