VGFacts

Full Version: Strange Games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, I was reading this.
http://www.dorkly.com/article/60225/wtf-ds-games

It made me wonder, what's a weird game you guys have come across?

I'll put this.
[Image: 230px-Yu-Gi-Oh%21_5D%27s_Wheelie_Breakers_EN.jpg]
Basically, it takes the turbo dueling mechanic of 5ds, and throws it away for something loosely resembling a mix of mario kart and Yu-Gi-Oh! with only 2 racers, one of which is a cheating ai.
[Image: noonecanstopmrdominplaystationus.jpg]

It's about putting up dominoes and knocking them over...... WITH YOUR FACE!!! Look it up. It's worth taking a look at.

(03-12-2014, 12:08 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: [ -> ]So, I was reading this.
http://www.dorkly.com/article/60225/wtf-ds-games

It made me wonder, what's a weird game you guys have come across?

I'll put this.
[Image: 230px-Yu-Gi-Oh%21_5D%27s_Wheelie_Breakers_EN.jpg]
Basically, it takes the turbo dueling mechanic of 5ds, and throws it away for something loosely resembling a mix of mario kart and Yu-Gi-Oh! with only 2 racers, one of which is a cheating ai.

[Image: Breo_Card_Games_on_Motorcycles_by_Serenity_Eternal.jpg]

Now that the joke is out of the way.
Now that we are talking about weird motorcycle games, there's Lococycle.

It's about a motorcycle with an AI gone berserk and a guy whose leg got stuck to it. That seriously is the story of the game. The cycle also uses the guy as a weapon when it uses melee moves on cyborgs and other various things while driving along the speedways.

Have a picture, since YT seems to be down atm.
[Image: lococycle_2.jpg]
What happens when you take point and click adventure gaming with the animation style of Stop-motion? You get this
[Image: Neverhood.jpg]

I would have said Pyschonauts but that would be too easy to add.
LSD Simulator. (PS1 I think, im not sure. I watched the video of it from Creepy Gaming.)

Its actually a pretty cool strange game. The world is randomly generated, and depending on what happens, you could go into a creepypasta worthy nightmare or a regular trip.

But yes, its an LSD simulator.
How come nobody has mentioned this?
This gem from the PSP:

[Image: WTF_000.png]

It can actually be pretty addicting.
(03-12-2014, 05:09 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: [ -> ]How come nobody has mentioned this?

There should be a good lets play of this. I looked it up and found some dude that talked over the instructions obnoxiously and PewDiePie.
(03-12-2014, 08:40 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2014, 05:09 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: [ -> ]How come nobody has mentioned this?

There should be a good lets play of this. I looked it up and found some dude that talked over the instructions obnoxiously and PewDiePie.

There is... Kinda. They crash and burn at the end and just quit: http://www.freelanceastronauts.com/games.php?id=29
(03-12-2014, 03:35 PM)frankfrost2 Wrote: [ -> ]LSD Simulator.

That reminded me of another strange simulator called Taboo: The Sixth Sense. It's a tarot card game for the NES.

Samurai Zombie Nation

Story: The Great Head of The Samurai, Namakubi, is tasked to take out the evil alien, Darc Seed, who has turned the whole planet into Zombies and has brought the Statue of Liberty to life.

Oh and this is your hero:
[Image: 56786-Samurai_Zombie_Nation_%28USA%29-2-thumb.png]

The Great Head of The Samurai, Namakubi.

This is only the tip of the iceberg:
Suda 51 the thread.

[Image: muscle-march-o.gif]
I wish it never went to this but.... Cho Aniki.

Btw. This is a whole series of games. There's like 7 games in all.
Aqua Teen Hunger Force: Zombie Ninja Pro-Am

I........ I got nothin'. It's Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

SOOOOOOO

NINJA GOLF!!!!!

The same game but about 10+ years earlier and a whole lot better.
Awhile ago I was browsing through the XBLA indie titles when I came across this strange Japanese game hidden deep within...

[Image: xboxboxart.jpg]

It is nearly impossible to find gameplay or screenshots of this game on a search engine considering it has not received a single rating on console, very few people have actually played it, and, most importantly, its title is 一>◇, which probably means "point to grow" in symbolism as it is a life-cycle game.

From what I have gathered from playing the free trial, the concept is that you are a gigantic green God hand sharing a world with little green sentient beans which sort of resemble Pikmin. The apparent objective is to plant a bean into the ground by pushing it down with your index finger, supplying water to the soil by grabbing handfuls from small pools found on either side of the world, and eventually having it grow into a full-fledged tree. But this is where the game gets really odd... Once the tree is fully grown, you are able to flick the foliage to reveal more beans, or violently masturbate the tree to carve it into a wooden rocket. A wooden, functional rocket. You are then supposed to pick up the remaining beans and place them into the rocket before it suddenly takes off into oblivion. Depending on how many beans you place in the rocket, you earn a certain amount of points. If there are no beans left on screen, you get a game over.

In summation, I find the blend of real life, superimposed graphical elements and minimalistic cartoon graphics, along with the quasi-futuristic game font, to be very bizzare. When the game is started up, it dives right into the action with no introduction or instruction, so gameplay-wise, it is an enigma.

You can find the game here if you have a curious disposition.
Pages: 1 2