VGFacts

Full Version: Anyone ever played Dungeons and Dragons?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I haven't played it before, but I know a good few people who do, and I was wondering if anyone around here did. I don't know all that much about it but I heard there's a peasant railgun.
I just tried it once, but it was super awkward since I didn't know most of the people there, and they were super rude and ignored me when I tried to introduce myself. That kinda sucked all the fun out and made it so I didn't really get into the game much.

The DM was amazing, though, so at least it was fun to hear what he came up with. He also helped me create this awesome witch character with a black cat that I had a psychic link with.
I've never played D&D per se, though I think it would be great fun.
I had a phase over a year or two when I collected those D&D miniature figurines. I decided one day to stop collecting them and that was that. It was great fun while it lasted, but I couldn't really warrant spending any more on that hobby.

I still have them, and a mint condition very rare one which I may sell at some point. Hmmm...

But yeah, in conclusion, I think D&D would be fun, but I feel I wouldn't have the time.
A few of my friends do, but I don't have the time/schedule they do to consistently do it. I barely even get to hang out with them as it is.

There's that new tabletop simulator that can apparently do it, though.
I haven't. I saw my brothers play it when I was hanging around with them and a few of their friends. I couldn't get into it personally.
I played once with a couple of friends a few years ago and it was really cool. Sadly, we haven't been able to play it again since. I'm really hoping we can because it was a lot of fun.
I've never played it but apparently my sister's boyfriend does (or at least a similar tabletop RPG). I know this because she is going on and on about how we two should do stuff together because we both play games. I uh... Yeah. Different things altogether. Yet, for the life of me I can't get her to understand the difference, no matter what I say.

On a related note, I did once play a space marine kind of thing that had similar stuff in it. It was good fun.
Dude, I was just going to make my first thread in a month about this.

I've played on and off a few years, but I've never had a great session. Usually it just dissolves into a chaotic frenzy of stupid jokes.

Just curious, would anybody here be interested in starting a game over Skype or something similar? I could potentially DM; I think it'd be a hoot if enough people are interested and we could find a time that works.
(05-14-2014, 10:39 PM)Arjahn Wrote: [ -> ]Dude, I was just going to make my first thread in a month about this.

I've played on and off a few years, but I've never had a great session. Usually it just dissolves into a chaotic frenzy of stupid jokes.

Just curious, would anybody here be interested in starting a game over Skype or something similar? I could potentially DM; I think it'd be a hoot if enough people are interested and we could find a time that works.

I'd be willing to give it a try! It sounds fun!

Slightly off topic, but I also found a site that lets people play Cards Against Humanity with one another online. I thought that would be a hoot.
Even i never played it. But i am curious to try it out if somebody would teach me for the first time playing. I would start with the regular edition, just to know the basics. I might understand it already a little, from what i've heard.