VGFacts

Full Version: Mario Party Series, Hudson Soft
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks Dazz for fixing the series for Yoshi, but there was one more: the SNES Yoshi's Island game. Game's that are more Yoshi based, and not so much Mario based are listed here: http://www.mariowiki.com/yoshi_%28series%29#1991-1999

Another thing, the Mario Party games say they were mainly developed by Hudson, not Nintendo (Mario Party 1, 5 and 8 to be precise). No Mario game has ever not been developed by Nintendo, so why not say both Hudson and Nintendo in the Developer's collumn.

Just trying to be decent, giving a slight head's up from reading the developer's and series of each game.
Nintendo's universe is so interconnected that it can be tricky to pick the best series to list a game under. As far as I know, our database only allows listing a game under a single series, and doesn't allow subnesting series under other series, so it's not really precise. Series designations are kind of arbitrary anyway, since it's not something the developers themselves tend to be all that particular about.

I've moved Yoshi's Island to the Yoshi series, and changed the developer on Mario Party 8 to Hudson Soft. Mario Party 1 and 5 were already listed under Hudson Soft. I believe there are report buttons on the game pages, just like on individual trivia items, so you can report these sort of things that way as well.

Our developer guidelines are a bit fuzzy. We don't make much distinction between publisher and developer, and it's a bit of an abstraction that doesn't necessarily cover all the details. Sometimes a lot of different companies or people have a hand in a game, sometimes it's just a single company, or even a single person. For us, it's just a categorization. There are other sites that do a better job cataloging all those details. We do, however, have the capability of listing more than one developer for a game. I've been meaning to have a talk with the team about clearing up those guidelines a bit, but haven't found the time. We're all still trying to catch up on the huge wave of stuff that rolled in after our extended downtime last month.
(05-28-2014, 07:08 AM)Spherix Wrote: [ -> ]Nintendo's universe is so interconnected that it can be tricky to pick the best series to list a game under. As far as I know, our database only allows listing a game under a single series, and doesn't allow subnesting series under other series, so it's not really precise. Series designations are kind of arbitrary anyway, since it's not something the developers themselves tend to be all that particular about.

I've moved Yoshi's Island to the Yoshi series, and changed the developer on Mario Party 8 to Hudson Soft. Mario Party 1 and 5 were already listed under Hudson Soft. I believe there are report buttons on the game pages, just like on individual trivia items, so you can report these sort of things that way as well.

Our developer guidelines are a bit fuzzy. We don't make much distinction between publisher and developer, and it's a bit of an abstraction that doesn't necessarily cover all the details. Sometimes a lot of different companies or people have a hand in a game, sometimes it's just a single company, or even a single person. For us, it's just a categorization. There are other sites that do a better job cataloging all those details. We do, however, have the capability of listing more than one developer for a game. I've been meaning to have a talk with the team about clearing up those guidelines a bit, but haven't found the time. We're all still trying to catch up on the huge wave of stuff that rolled in after our extended downtime last month.

Thanks, I'm very well aware of that. I've Rarely used the Report Button nowadays.