VGFacts

Full Version: Bad movies you love: or Bad films that are so bad they're good.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
We've all got a bad movie we love, for me I have several dozen. There are just too many bad films that are so bad they're good.

I just finished watching "The Secret Agent Club" after I remembered it from my childhood. The film was a generic 90's film with all your favourites. Hulk Hogan as the secret agent dad who ran a toy store, the white child who is his son, the white tomboy, the black kid who lives in poverty and knows a local street gang and is also a l33t hacker (he hacks into government files halfway through the film), and the Japanese kid who knows martial arts. Oh, and they also own a Virtual Boy.

I actually think that all the films that Arney did back in his day (Kindergarden Cop, Jingle all the way, Twins etc.) are some great examples of films that are so stupidly bad, they're good. I actually watch Jingle All the Way every Christmas Eve just because.

I also like a lot of the Sandler films. Waterboy was a good film even though everyone hated it, Happy Gilmore and hell even Click to an extent were decent films.

What about you, what films do you love even though they're horrible?
Films I secretly enjoy? Gotta agree with you on the Arnie films. They have a "whimsical" feel to them that you can't bring yourself to hate. I think UK broadcasting has pretty much set them as the Christmas films so it's no surprise they are repeated so often.

Also any Nicholas Cage film. It's a tradition of mine and a friend to watch Nicholas Cage films. We've watched so many of them but films like Ghost Rider 2, Deadfall and the best one of all Vampires Kiss are mind blowing. I highly recommend Vampires Kiss. I can't even explain that film.
(Here's Nicholas Cage walking around a nightclub with fake vampire teeth).
[Image: vampireskiss.jpg]
It's also the origin of the 'You Don't Say' Meme.
Don't watch them while high though.

Secret likes:
Amazing Spiderman. I can't turn away from such a shallow train wreck of a film as I'm a huge Spiderman fan. But it's also due to how bad the film is in general.
Transformers. Again, extremely stupid films but the action scenes combined with the CGI/Special Effects are phenomenal.
Final Fantasy Advent Children: It's bad but nice to look at.

Obvious answer:
The Room.
Brazil. One of the weirdes movies I have ever seen and one that I spent years hating with a passion. I hated it so much for so long that I started liking it in a weird way. I even once bought a DVD of it for 99 cents just so I could destroy it but didn't have the heart for it. Now it will always have a place in my DVD collection.

Seriously, go watch the movie.

Oh, and I like the Mortal Kombat movies. Yes, that's a plural.

(05-30-2014, 10:49 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: [ -> ]Twins

Strange movie trivia: The film is called Identical Twins here. Even if it's painfully obvious that this is not the case AND they even say at one point of the movie that they are not identical twins.
Absolutely without a doubt... The Room. It's just... amazing. I'm sure there aren't even words to describe it.
Troll 2 and Birdemic are just laughably bad, but incredibly memorable. How could anyone forget lines such as "YOU CAN'T PISS ON HOSPITALITY!"?
Dragonball Evolution.

Apparently no one likes the second or third Matrix, the second Donnie Darko(S. Darko) or Scott Pilgrim. I love all of them.
......Biodome.
I actually really enjoyed that Speed Racer movie that came out a few years ago. It's completely over the top nuts, and it really does look beautiful...
I think I mentioned this once, but Transylvania 6-5000 from 1985. It's just so stupid it's great. And Jeff Goldblum is so deadpan throughout the whole thing that parts that are supposed to be serious are actually hilarious (in my own humble opinion).
You know a movie series is trying too hard when they took a horror film that was usually set in small towns and such, and then take it into space......god help us all that they exist.

UHF AKA The Weird Al Movie. This is so bad it's good and so quoteable.
Hobo with a Shotgun's a pretty good bad movie.

To put it this way, if you took a shot every time someone said a word that started with F, you'd die 5 or so minutes in.
(06-04-2014, 11:16 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: [ -> ]Hobo with a Shotgun's a pretty good bad movie.

To put it this way, if you took a shot every time someone said a word that started with F, you'd die 5 or so minutes in.

Wasn't that one kind of made to be bad on purpose? I enjoyed it too.
(06-05-2014, 05:32 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-04-2014, 11:16 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: [ -> ]Hobo with a Shotgun's a pretty good bad movie.

Wasn't that one kind of made to be bad on purpose? I enjoyed it too.

I would certainly hope so.
Howard the duck is a complete guilty pleasure for me. It may be bad, but it has its moments that make it good. I will admit that the special effects are gold in this(considering that George Lucas's studio provided the effects for the film). A midget in a duck costume is much more appealing than a photoshopped realistic looking chipmunk or blue turd for that matter.

Cool World deserves a mention. Its a bad movie. Yet the animation, the voice acting, and the music make up for it. Apart from the fact that the executives meddled in and tried too hard to make it their answer to Roger Rabbit.
Pages: 1 2 3