VGFacts

Full Version: Windows updates couldn't be completed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My laptop keeps wanting to update. It installs the updates and then says "updates couldn't be completed" and then reverts to the pre-update state.

It's stupid as my laptop keeps pestering me to update, but every time it just screws up and goes back to how it was before.
I've seen this happen before and I can't quite remember the fix but start by trying just one update at a time. It's most likely only one of them that's causing the process to fail so this can, at the very least, help you narrow it down.
Thanks, I'll try that.
Just so you know, I'm having the same problem. I've had 7 updates install but have an error and then say it's "reverting back". Are you also on Windows 7?
Nope, Windows 8. It's very frustrating, especially as every 2 days, I have the option "update and shutdown" or "update and restart". No option to turn off without the bloody update.
(06-25-2014, 04:19 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, Windows 8. It's very frustrating, especially as every 2 days, I have the option "update and shutdown" or "update and restart". No option to turn off without the bloody update.

Not that this solves the overall problem but you can at least skip the update process during a shutdown by locking your computer first (Windows + L) and then choosing Shutdown from the lock screen.
(06-25-2014, 05:40 PM)Petie Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-25-2014, 04:19 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, Windows 8. It's very frustrating, especially as every 2 days, I have the option "update and shutdown" or "update and restart". No option to turn off without the bloody update.

Not that this solves the overall problem but you can at least skip the update process during a shutdown by locking your computer first (Windows + L) and then choosing Shutdown from the lock screen.

Oh really ? I'll try that, thanks !
It didn't work unfortunately :(
Hmm... It's supposed to. Find me on Skype at some point and I'll see what I can do.