VGFacts

Full Version: Doom Reboot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-0...alled-doom

The long awaited news of something Doom related has finally been revealed. Instead of it being a sequel(doom 4) its going to be a reboot of the series. From what I've seen and reading about it. It sounds like they are going back to the original routes of the first game but at the same time exploring with new things(some of them like a double jump) for the new game. Your thoughts? Not holding my breathe on this getting released on the 360 or even Wii U. So I might get this for the PC.
Probably a thing because of the success of the new Wolfenstein. I hope it doesn't take itself too seriously.
There were talks about a reboot of Doom before the new Wolfenstein game came out, and while Doom 4 was in the planning/development stages. I guess they decided to scrap Doom 4 when they saw the success of the new wolfenstein and pushed the big red reboot button for the series.
[Image: g7IsB_zps40570e67.gif]
So hyped. Can't....wait! >: (

I'm so jealous that they saw the gameplay.
From what i've read, i think the next Doom will look like Brutal Doom with "ID Tech 6 engine".
Well that's really intresting.