VGFacts

Full Version: Cosplaying
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know if there's already a thread for this, but if there is then just close this one.

Cosplaying always fascinated me. I've never gone to a convention and cosplayed, but I hope to soon. I want to know what you would cosplay as, your thoughts on cosplay, etc. I would like to cosplay as Delsin from inFamous: Second Son, Michael De Santa from GTA V, or Link sometime, among others. I find some cosplays to be ridiculously easy, like for example, a Sim. Some people from my school went to an anime con as Sims and all they did was put a motives thing above their head. Other cosplays like Joel from The Last of Us I find to be pretty easy (as long as you look the part) but I think a lot more of cosplaying is acting the part of your character.
I doubt anyone actually cosplays here, I made a thread about it some time ago I think and no one answered so yeah, you're not gonna get a lot of answers here.

I do hope I can go as Phoenix Wright soon, but I'm still not gonna dish out £60 for a blue suit.
I did use to cosplay when I was younger. I went as characters that didn't require any effort (Dan Smith from Killer 7 or L from Death Note). If I was ever gonna cosplay now it'd have to be in a suit or something like Issac Clarkes. Suit cosplays are amazing.
[Image: tumblr_mvpfijlcGt1saxnfeo1_1280.jpg]
(08-06-2014, 02:32 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: [ -> ]I doubt anyone actually cosplays here, I made a thread about it some time ago I think and no one answered so yeah, you're not gonna get a lot of answers here.

I do hope I can go as Phoenix Wright soon, but I'm still not gonna dish out £60 for a blue suit.

I bet. Some of the people who cosplay as a serious hobby pay hundreds for their costume and props. Crazy, yo.
I cosplayed as The Boogerman once.
[Image: 904142_10200798554790955_140570443_o.jpg]

I haven't cosplayed in since.
(08-06-2014, 03:10 PM)CLXcool Wrote: [ -> ]I cosplayed as The Boogerman once.
[Image: 904142_10200798554790955_140570443_o.jpg]

I haven't cosplayed in since.

SEX
I cosplayed as Jacket from Hotline Miami once, and I threw together a Songbird cosplay kinda sorta from Bioshock Infinite

[Image: tumblr_n5oc1ld4kh1qjw6c9o1_1280.jpg]

http://some-creep.tumblr.com/post/861884...t-but-this

Eyup.
(08-06-2014, 02:49 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: [ -> ]I did use to cosplay when I was younger. I went as characters that didn't require any effort (Dan Smith from Killer 7 or L from Death Note). If I was ever gonna cosplay now it'd have to be in a suit or something like Issac Clarkes. Suit cosplays are amazing.
[Image: tumblr_mvpfijlcGt1saxnfeo1_1280.jpg]
(08-06-2014, 02:32 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: [ -> ]I doubt anyone actually cosplays here, I made a thread about it some time ago I think and no one answered so yeah, you're not gonna get a lot of answers here.

I bet. Some of the people who cosplay as a serious hobby pay hundreds for their costume and props. Crazy, yo.

Just go as Dante.

I believe in you.

(08-28-2014, 01:56 AM)Some-creep Wrote: [ -> ]I cosplayed as Jacket from Hotline Miami once, and I threw together a Songbird cosplay kinda sorta from Bioshock Infinite

[Image: tumblr_n5oc1ld4kh1qjw6c9o1_1280.jpg]
I thought that you were dressed up as one of the hunters from the Manhunt series from Rockstar games. I had to look up the character to get who you were dressing up as. This is pretty cool.
I wouldn't call it cosplay, more of costuming, but I was spent all day at an amusement park dressed as Mario just for the heck of it.
[Image: KingsIsland_zps50cb2dd0.jpg]
I don't know a lot about cosplay but I do know when I see an awesome one. Like so: [Image: haseo___2nd_form_by_shamanrenji-d34gwv2.jpg]

That's my absolute favorite cosplay to date because it's my favorite form of one of my favorite characters.
(08-29-2014, 02:45 AM)RepentantSky Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know a lot about cosplay but I do know when I see an awesome one. Like so: [Image: haseo___2nd_form_by_shamanrenji-d34gwv2.jpg]

That's my absolute favorite cosplay to date because it's my favorite form of one of my favorite characters.

Nice :) That the girl is pretty really helps^^

I dont understand hardcore cosplayers.... It sometimes feels like they want to be someone they are not and it seems kind of weird.

I know one girl that kind of treats cosplay like a religion... she only hangs with cosplay people and... I dont know.

Can someone explain the phenomena to me?
Attention.

You go there and people give you attention, ask for your photo and it makes you feel happy.

You're basically a celebrity if it looks good.

On a related note, found this qtpie as Aika.

[Image: skies_of_arcadia__aika_1_by_yonanashi-d5e58xi.jpg]