VGFacts

Full Version: Who's the worst protagonist?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok Poll aside, who's that character that you played as who made you want to jump off of a ledge just so they'd shut the **** up?
Trevor Why Does He Exist Phillips. I love Grand Theft Auto and I've been able to warm up to most of the protagonists, but this guy is a tragedy. His entire character is inconsistent and one minute he's acting like he's all badass and then he goes and backs down to Devin, who, if Trevor's character was consistent, he could just take down his entire private army. Michael was great and we had him finding himself again and reuniting with his family. With Franklin, we had him struggling to reach the top. I don't even know what Trevor is trying to do. He's supposed to be trying to build up his meth empire while trying to reunite with Michael or something like that. If he was so determined to get to the bottom of Michael's death and sudden reappearance, then why didn't he ask Michael about Brad earlier and just casually bring it up? I find the reason that most people like Trevor is only because he's funny. Also, if you watch the first trailer, Trevor doesn't make an appearance. Did Rockstar think that his character wasn't important or was he just thrown in for fans to enjoy? He just angers me so much. No matter how many times I make him jump off a bridge, HE WON'T DIE!
(08-06-2014, 05:14 PM)ClaudX Wrote: [ -> ]Trevor Why Does He Exist Phillips. I love Grand Theft Auto and I've been able to warm up to most of the protagonists, but this guy is a tragedy. His entire character is inconsistent and one minute he's acting like he's all badass and then he goes and backs down to Devin, who, if Trevor's character was consistent, he could just take down his entire private army. Michael was great and we had him finding himself again and reuniting with his family. With Franklin, we had him struggling to reach the top. I don't even know what Trevor is trying to do. He's supposed to be trying to build up his meth empire while trying to reunite with Michael or something like that. If he was so determined to get to the bottom of Michael's death and sudden reappearance, then why didn't he ask Michael about Brad earlier and just casually bring it up? I find the reason that most people like Trevor is only because he's funny. Also, if you watch the first trailer, Trevor doesn't make an appearance. Did Rockstar think that his character wasn't important or was he just thrown in for fans to enjoy? He just angers me so much. No matter how many times I make him jump off a bridge, HE WON'T DIE!
He was meant to be a surprise. At least, that's what I figure as I could be wrong. He comes in later than the other two by a noticable arc.

Now for me, I would have to say Jason Brody out of Far Cry 3. I love that game. I really do. The characters are great. You hate the right people for the right reasons, with the exception of the character you play as. Jason starts out scared, which is understandable. Then he becomes whiny and angst ridden which is annoying but understandable. Then, he goes rambo, whiny, and angsty making this terrible juxtaposition that you just can't sympathize with him because he enjoys what he does, but he keeps on complaining about it anyway.
Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy VII. At first he was cool, but then I realized that he was a blonde who was too dumb to let go of his past and move on with his life. Thinking he'd be 'mr.hot shot' by saying that he did all that crap(when in actuality he didn't). I'm going to likely get flamed for this so I'm taking that chance.
(08-06-2014, 09:19 PM)CLXcool Wrote: [ -> ]Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy VII. At first he was cool, but then I realized that he was a blonde who was too dumb to let go of his past and move on with his life. Thinking he'd be 'mr.hot shot' by saying that he did all that crap(when in actuality he didn't). I'm going to likely get flamed for this so I'm taking that chance.

I will not flame you, but I must ask. Why'd it take so long for you to figure out he was blonde?
I was aware that he was a blonde Pyscho. I'm not one to label every blonde as a 'dumb blonde'. But cloud took the cake of that after I played through FF7 to realize that.
Dante "Fuck You" Antoniades.

I just love how it was a way for Tameem to put himself in the game, he was such a shit character, even though I'm not a huge fan of the original nor dmc : DMC it's still pretty horrible.

Can't think of anyone else at the moment.
As much as I like the game, I have to say that Train from Gettin' Up is pretty bad. To me, he's just a punk kid trying to show off how big and bad he his. This is also coming from someone who has never set foot into "The Hood" so maybe that how people in that kind of neighborhood act.

Also Duke Nukum. No, not becuse of Forever (which I liked). It's because he's a walking stereotype that really needs to die. Just becuse it was cool in the 90's doesn't mean it holds up today. He's a tool, He's always been a tool, and people need to stop saying his early games are good becuse he was funny or what ever 3D was, becuse he was never cool.
I always thought of Duke Nukem as Johnny Bravo for adults.
Delsin is a bit of a wanker.
Index.

What? This is only for game characters? Then I have nothing. Guess she must've had some games, though.

I did hate Trevor from GTAV for a while after what he did to Johnny but I warmed up to him.
(08-07-2014, 12:38 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote: [ -> ]I always thought of Duke Nukem as Johnny Bravo for adults.

The difference between Johnny and Duke is that Johnny's toolness was a joke and he got punished for it most of the time, while Duke is a tool in every sense of the word and that's meant to be a turn-on.
And the fact that Johnny Bravo was more on the lines of parodying the late Elvis. Duke on the other hand was just the stuff that most women would fantasize about long before the days of Edward from Twilight came into play about 'dream hardcore' heroes.

Oddly enough even though I like the character. Some people I know don't like Crash Bandicoot and Toon Link(Wind Waker). What's wrong with having a main character thats funny looking? Its better than looking at the same old 'straight face' hero 24/7.