VGFacts

Full Version: Streets of Rage game scrapped from Sega
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Around 2013 or so. Backbone Entertainment approached Sega to do a new Streets of rage. They threw together a little pitch along with a few concept art pieces for it. Sadly. It got scraped(most likely because its not the hedgehog).

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/06/new...d-to-sega/
It'd be nice if that article gave any reasons behind why, but it seems kind of empty having an article that has more pictures than words.
Yeah, it happened a while ago.

Here's some leaked gameplay, looked pretty good but kinda repetitive. I'd see it as more of as £8 Microsoft Arcade Title than an actual game I'd pay for.

As we all know Sega hate money, so they won't be doing this ever.
It looks more like it would have been a third person beat em up game than the side scroller that the series was known for. Yeah, Sega doesn't see profits in anything that isn't a blue fast running hedgehog.
(09-05-2014, 09:51 AM)retrolinkx Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, it happened a while ago.

Here's some leaked gameplay, looked pretty good but kinda repetitive. I'd see it as more of as £8 Microsoft Arcade Title than an actual game I'd pay for.

As we all know Sega hate money, so they won't be doing this ever.

That actually looks pretty meh.
Feeling pretty mixed about this . On one hand, This might have been great but on the other hand, Sega doesn't really have much of a great track record(at least to me).
I loved Streets of Rage 2.
I mean I still love it. I just played it yesterday. With my Genesis. And the 6 button controller.
But, in any case, I'm actually glad that that mess of a game in the video never saw the light of day. That way, it won't mess with my nostalgia.
Looking at the trailer it kinda reminds me of Double Dragon II: Wander of the Dragons. Maybe it's for the better this game never happened.