VGFacts

Full Version: U craft comes to Wii U
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://purenintendo.com/2014/10/01/minec...-to-wii-u/

A clone of Minecraft is making its way to The Nintneod Wii U. I know that there was talks about Minecraft being developed for a Nintendo console release, but with microsoft now owning the series(which we all know where thats gonna go) its gonna likely axe that from happening. Ever. But...A clone of Minecraft may be the closet anyone can get to seeing Minecraft onto a Nintendo console. Thoughts?
I kind of want to see this be a thing.
(10-01-2014, 06:33 PM)CLXcool Wrote: [ -> ]http://purenintendo.com/2014/10/01/minec...-to-wii-u/

A clone of Minecraft is making its way to The Nintneod Wii U. I know that there was talks about Minecraft being developed for a Nintendo console release, but with microsoft now owning the series(which we all know where thats gonna go) its gonna likely axe that from happening. Ever. But...A clone of Minecraft may be the closet anyone can get to seeing Minecraft onto a Nintendo console. Thoughts?

1) So instead of getting Minecraft Wii U folks get some poor-mans version of it? It's just like Fortress Craft or in the insane amount of Minecraft clones on any system like PC and Xbox.

2) Also, Microsoft claimed they have no intention of screwing around with Minecraft which is why they have no issue with the game being available on multiple platforms, even the PS4. Yoshida even congratulated Microsoft

3) Never heard of PureNintendo but I doubt they're an official publication(worthy of using as a source of information) since they can't get the developers name right (Nexus)?

4) On the topic of Nexis Games.

As of only 3 weeks ago:
Doesn't seem like a scumbag at all and has big ambitions but his response and end products just don't match up. More power to him for being positive and keeping at it but I don't see this Minecraft thing being that good.

*Also, Fortress Craft was a good way to cash grab quick.
A trailer has been released, if you can call it that. 
I'm completely burnt out on Minecraft and games that mimic it, like Terraria.
This doesn't seem much better, unless they make a light version of Dwarf Fortress or something.
This looks really, really bad... A clone, with inconsistent style, developed by a brat who will claim to accept criticism, but won't actually take it. "You say it's bad but nobody else does so your opinion is wrong and you shouldn't be entitled to it."
It does kind of give that fortress craft dev feel....
(10-18-2014, 09:57 AM)Dazz Wrote: [ -> ]This looks really, really bad... A clone, with inconsistent style, developed by a brat who will claim to accept criticism, but won't actually take it. "You say it's bad but nobody else does so your opinion is wrong and you shouldn't be entitled to it."

But at 1:56 the trailer clearly says it's not a clone......trailers wouldn't lie :(