VGFacts

Full Version: Free Steam Games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/15/698437...es-weekend

Quote:Starting Thursday, Oct. 16, Steam will host a free weekend that Valve says is the service's biggest yet; 10 PC games in all will be free during the weekend-long promotion, which would total about $240 if purchased at their regular price.

Steam's free weekend kicks off at 10 a.m. PT tomorrow and includes the following titles, which Valve says will also be available for purchase "at tremendous savings."

• Awesomenauts

• Blade Symphony

• Company of Heroes 2

• Don't Starve

• Grid 2

• Injustice: Gods Among Us

• Killing Floor

• Payday 2

• Trine 2

• XCOM: Enemy Unknown

I thought of posting this in the free gaming thread at first, but I figured this is something that would need its own thread. Also, small little poll. Which is your favorite of these 10 games?
Just saying I'm a sucker for racing games anyway and I was planning on buying Grid 2, but now it's free! Cool beans.
Never played any of those actually.
I'm positive that theses games will fry my computer.
Love me some Payday 2 and Enemy Unknown.
Hm. Apparently this is not a thing in Europe. Crud.

Scratch that, I'm an idiot. I was trying to find them from the Steam store but they were already in my library.
Sorry for the doublepost, gotta bump this thread. These games are only free until tomorrow, after which they stop working unless you pay for them. We've been had.
They do this all the time. I thought this was expected?
Yes, they do, but it's never spun around on the internet mediums as much as this time. All the media attention made me think it was real for once.
Fair enough. I think all the attention was from it being a larger roster than we typically see.