VGFacts

Full Version: Your favorite game of 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Title says it all. What is your favorite game released in 2014? It could be a upcoming game with a release date in 2014, or something already out.
Mines Super Smash Bros 4 for the Wii U. How about you?
I bought many a game in 2014. But considering the only I bought that actually came out in 2014 was Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, I guess that would have to be my choice.
(If I'm allowed to pick based purely on what games I bought in the year 2014, It's a tie between Animal Crossing New Leaf, and Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.)
So far, either Phoenix Wright vs Prof Layton or Wolfenstein the new order.
Definitely Smash for Wii U.
I can't pick a best game if it's something I haven't played yet, and I think my favorite title will probably end up being one of the games I get early next year after buying a PS4. With that in mind, currently my favorite game of 2014 is Tales of Xillia 2.
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor.
Since I keep piling games into my backlog almost all the time I don't even remember which games actually got released this year.

Definitely not Last of Us Remastered.

EDIT: Just skimmed through the list of games released this year. Out of the ones I've played thus far I'd have to say Walking Dead Season 2, even though the first episode did come out last year. It hasn't really been that exciting of a year in terms of games.
Right now Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition but I'm probably gonna like Dragon Age: Inquisition more. All for the PS4
I hate picking favorites. Lets see, I'm loving 3DS smash bros. Not a game unto itself but the Naxx pack for Hearthstone deserves a mention. I don't know really. I haven't bought too many new games this year. Depending on things go, I'll probably get Far Cry 4.
I'm still waiting for Persona Q to be released, other than that I'm going so far with Wolf Among Us, Persona 4 Ultimax or Hyrule Warriors.
TO be honest, I haven't found anything that stands out. I'm playing The Evil Within at the moment and yeah I love it, but the graphics stopped it from being something special. It doesn't really count but Persona 4: Golden is the game I played back in April and loved it. Everything has been an overhyped but underwhelming game or just meh. Also, Smash Wii U isn't out yet.

I'm waiting for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire and Smash Bros 4 but I know what to expect.

I guess notable mentions for games I enjoyed that game out this year:
Guacamelee: STCE
Lightning Returns
Strider
Transistor
Child of Light
Dark Dreams Don't Die (Probably my Game of the Year contender)

Still, we have Sunset Overdrive, Bayonetta, Persona 4: Ultimax and to look forward to.
(10-19-2014, 01:41 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: [ -> ]Smash Wii U isn't out yet.

Carlos Wrote:It could be a upcoming game with a release date in 2014.
(10-19-2014, 03:12 PM)Carlos Wrote: [ -> ]

My error. Sorry. 
(10-19-2014, 03:51 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-19-2014, 03:12 PM)Carlos Wrote: [ -> ]

My error. Sorry. 

Its alright. Have a cookie. :)
South Park: The Stick of Truth. A clever, well executed. And well awaited RPG game that captures the show perfectly in the hands of Trey and Matt as they share their love for video games to the gaming community with this gem.