VGFacts

Full Version: What do you think will/should contend for game of the year at VGA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Screw the other name for it, it's stupid and I refuse to call it that. 

Anyways, the reason I made this thread because I just saw a video that talked about what games might be up for game of the year, and interestingly enough, the people talking about it, despite giving some suggestions, didn't really know what they thought ought to be game of the year. If anything, they spent most of their time talking about games that didn't meet expectations and therefore shouldn't be game of the year. 

The thing about that video that annoyed me, was that they made mention of almost nothing RPG related. They briefly mentioned stick of truth, said something really quick about Destiny, and then RPG's were completely off the table. Normally, I could see that, game of the year tends to go to the best action game, or open world game, or shooter even. In a year like this though where those genre's have been by and large a disappointment, RPG's I think should be there. We have a total of 4 HD remakes coming out this year, several sequels including Borderlands, at least 4 new IP's and they all pull from different sub-genre's and art styles. There is a lot variety in RPG's this year, it's all over the place. With all that in mind, I do wonder if people are looking into this genre at all where so many options exist. 

Now, I'm not asking the conversation of game of the year to revolve around what I brought up, but I'd like it if while people give their opinions of what they think if game of the year, that if you have something to bring up about that I've said to please do so. Let's talk some games. 
But the VGA's are never about games, they're about gaming culture and maybe some nomination of the epicest game of the year or something.

I mean look at last years, I don't even know if I watched it but I know it was bad.
Can't disagree there. The Walking dead got game of the year, and it wasn't even finished yet. You can't give an incomplete game, game of the year, no matter how popular or liked it is.
It will be Cookie Clicker. Flash game from 2013 has just as much chance with these stupid award shows.