VGFacts

Full Version: 3DS Homebrew Channel coming soon!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: homebrew_channel.jpg]
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/11/17/nin...vember-22/

That's right, November 22nd (a day after Smash WiiU comes out may I add) a dedicated Homebrew Channel is coming to 3DS! According to the article above, you'll be able to access emulators and apps (such as 3DSCraft, a minecraft clone) from the get go. They're currently working on disabling the Region Lock. The channel will not support pirated 3DS Roms.

Any thoughts on this? I'm excited!
If we can get some good emulation on that thing, it'll be pretty amazing, at least N64/PS1 cause NES/SNES/GB and GBA have been done on the DS.

I'd also like to see some DOS games on there like Doom, but this time with music unlike the DS one.

Still very interesting, I hope Nintendo won't try to patch it out.
Just watch Nintendo shut this down in a jiffy.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/breaking-news...ew.374233/

Here's the full GBAtemp article which includes a screenshot of the Minecraft clone running on a 3DS.
And I don't think Nintendo will patch it as long as there's no 3DS game emulation. But you never know. (Also, did Nintendo ever try to patch the Wii's homebrew channel?)
(11-17-2014, 10:59 AM)Boyobmas Wrote: [ -> ]Here's the full GBAtemp article which includes a screenshot of the Minecraft clone running on a 3DS.
And I don't think Nintendo will patch it as long as there's no 3DS game emulation. But you never know. (Also, did Nintendo ever try to patch the Wii's homebrew channel?)
Much like what Sony did with the PSP, they patched out specific ways to hack the console, but there was still a universal way to do it across all firmware. 
(11-17-2014, 10:59 AM)Boyobmas Wrote: [ -> ]http://gbatemp.net/threads/breaking-news...ew.374233/

Here's the full GBAtemp article which includes a screenshot of the Minecraft clone running on a 3DS.

They have made it their mission to stop people posting and benefitting from videos that use their games as footage on YouTube. How is this any better? They seem to take any kind of emulation, even if it was GBA or any of their consoles really, seriously.

I just don't see this ending well for these people.
Quote:They have made it their mission to stop people posting and benefitting from videos that use their games as footage on YouTube. 
Not anymore:
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/11/17/nin...-projects/

(11-17-2014, 12:47 PM)Takahashi2212 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-17-2014, 10:59 AM)Boyobmas Wrote: [ -> ]Here's the full GBAtemp article which includes a screenshot of the Minecraft clone running on a 3DS.
Much like what Sony did with the PSP, they patched out specific ways to hack the console, but there was still a universal way to do it across all firmware. 

According to the people making it, the homebrew channel can be launched in a way almost exactly like the Wii's. With you dragging a file onto your SD and then opening a certain app. (In this case, probably the Photo app)
All I know is
Finally a convenient portable Earthbound
and
REGION
FREE
GAMES!

Doing this as soon as I can.
As long as it doesn't screw up what the 3DS is supposed to do, I'm cool with getting this, just for the emulation capabilities. C'mon GBA Games!
Double Post, but just wanted to add this for anyone interested in trying this.
This exploit runs through the game Cubic Ninja, so you will need the game to get the Homebrew Channel.

Don't worry, as it's a cheap, 5$ shovelware title, so it'll be easy to come by.
(11-18-2014, 02:40 AM)Takahashi2212 Wrote: [ -> ]Double Post, but just wanted to add this for anyone interested in trying this.
This exploit runs through the game Cubic Ninja, so you will need the game to get the Homebrew Channel.

Don't worry, as it's a cheap, 5$ shovelware title, so it'll be easy to come by.

Luckily my EB Games has the game to I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow but I just wanna know if this will work with every 3DS firmware, mine's is 9.2.0, if it works with my firmware then I'll for sure pick it up tomorrow.

Edit: Turns out the game has reached to $85 in some local game stores and went to the Amazon Best Seller list....
Woah...
(11-18-2014, 02:40 AM)Takahashi2212 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't worry, as it's a cheap, 5$ shovelware title, so it'll be easy to come by.

(11-18-2014, 07:37 AM)TheTrueBoss997 Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: Turns out the game has reached to $85 in some local game stores and went to the Amazon Best Seller list....
Woah...

Yeah... The game's rarity and price just surged late yesterday. The used price was 7.70$. Now it's 60$.
In the U.K it's still cheap so I'm gonna buy one of Friday because Sc(ex)umbag catch on.
That sounds cool. What is it?
Here's to anyone unsure which firmware it runs on.

[Image: ZvsLeqV.png]

Edit: Turns out there is a rumor that Nintendo is recalling all Cubic Ninja's so get a copy fast!!
Edit Edit: People have been reporting that Gamestop is confirmed recalling the game, one person reported searching the game online, confirming they have if in stock but when they called the Gamestop said they didn't have the game without even looking. This seems like bad news for me...
Pages: 1 2