VGFacts

Full Version: Happy American Thanksgiving
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Get outta here, you got family in the other room.
Funny funny funny. But, I had to get that trivia evidence in. Have a good 'un.
Haha, close! Mine is in another house, to which I'm heading now. Happy Thanksgiving!
There's another Thanksgiving that isn't American?
(11-27-2014, 03:30 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: [ -> ]There's another Thanksgiving that isn't American?

Yep, us Canadians have our Thanksgiving on the second monday of October. I'm sure there are also other countries out there that celebrate it too.
(11-27-2014, 04:12 PM)TheTrueBoss997 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-27-2014, 03:30 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: [ -> ]There's another Thanksgiving that isn't American?

Yep, us Canadians have our Thanksgiving on the second monday of October. I'm sure there are also other countries out there that celebrate it too.

Also,

Grenada - October 25th
Liberia - First Thursday of November
Netherlands - same as U.S. because many pilgrims were from Leiden.
Norfolk Island - Last Wednesday of November
Japan - Labor Thanksgiving Day - November 23rd.

What I find interesting its that most of there manage to occur around the same time of year.

All but Canada's are somehow involved with The U.S. though so that probably plays a part.
My mom and I aren't sure what to do and it's really bothering us.

We had Thanksgiving at my uncle's. When my mom opened his freezer, she saw hamburger and meatloaf that my grandmother had made still in there. She died on December 8th of last year, and was unable to care for herself quite a few months up until then, so that meat is well over a year old.

I want to sneak over and just throw it since I know where he keeps a spare key. My mom was going to go over with a garbage bag today, but she wussed out. We can't just let him live like that.
(12-03-2014, 05:07 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: [ -> ]My mom and I aren't sure what to do and it's really bothering us.

We had Thanksgiving at my uncle's. When my mom opened his freezer, she saw hamburger and meatloaf that my grandmother had made still in there. She died on December 8th of last year, and was unable to care for herself quite a few months up until then, so that meat is well over a year old.

I want to sneak over and just throw it since I know where he keeps a spare key. My mom was going to go over with a garbage bag today, but she wussed out. We can't just let him live like that.

In the freezer? I know it sounds gross to say 1 year old meat, but if it's frozen, I don't think it will harm anything. It might be that one thing he has that keeps him connected to her, in a sense. Unless his freezer looks like he's a hoarder. My mother in law is, pisses me off when she drops stuff off at my house. No says I, it's gotta go.