VGFacts

Full Version: Sega teams up with game freak for a game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sega-te...0-6425722/

Game Freak(known for Pokemon) teams up with Sega for a new game. Thoughts? I'm waiting and see what these two will do. But one more thing. Don't spam this thread with Sonichu jokes. I'm already dealing with that kind of BS off of this site. 
Sounds like an interesting combination.
(Also could this game be released on any nontendo platforms , how much of Game Freak does Nintendo own?)
They still own the Pokemon series.
As long as this doesn't turn out to be some dumb phone game it ought to be good. However, if they are just hyping up one of those cheap cash-in games I'm gonna be pretty unhappy with both of them.
PULSE FUCKING MAN

YOU CAN DO IT SEGA.

Actually, no wait they can't, they're incompetent fucks who don't seem to understand video games anymore.

Although, it could be some shitty phone game that they want GF to make them tons of money for, hell a game where you raise your Chao on a phone would be pretty cool, people would get it if it was free and had adverts and stuff, and with GF they could add some sort of Pokémon aspect to it.

I'd rather it was a shitty phone game that gave them a lot of money than a great game that costs Sega and GF more than it's worth and in general didn't net them any profit, since Sega are so close to fucking up.
Sega can't be as bad off as everyone thinks. Remember that Alien Isolation is their's as well and that sold almost 2 million copies so far. Combining that with the 400K plus units of Sonic boom, and they are looking at over 2.2 million games sold in 2014. They may be posting a loss for last year, but I still don't believe they are that bad off.
Valkyria Chronicles, Alien Isolation, , just to name some off the top of my head.

Now, the question stands, what would it be and why is game freak's side an elephant with peanuts?

edit : Half asleep me put Street Fighter.
I saw that terrible mistake there, Psycho [Image: 1.0]
(03-07-2015, 03:13 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: [ -> ]I saw that terrible mistake there, Psycho [Image: 1.0]

Pa[Image: 1.0] The [Image: 1.0]
(03-06-2015, 10:51 PM)CLXcool Wrote: [ -> ]They still own the Pokemon series.

I thought Nintendo owned Game Freak, though. I maybe wrong.
Well, Sega and Nintendo have worked together in the past so...
(03-07-2015, 04:28 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: [ -> ]Well, Sega and Nintendo have worked together in the past so...

But Sega is not inheretley tied to Nintendo platforms, so my question is that if the partnership with Game Freak will keep it tied to Nintendo consoles.
(03-07-2015, 01:39 PM)RepentantSky Wrote: [ -> ]Sega can't be as bad off as everyone thinks. Remember that Alien Isolation is their's as well and that sold almost 2 million copies so far. Combining that with the 400K plus units of Sonic boom, and they are looking at over 2.2 million games sold in 2014. They may be posting a loss for last year, but I still don't believe they are that bad off.

No, Sega are in a bad position. They have like $900k in their company capital, no one is investing in them pretty much and their flagship mascot can barely sell games. I mean, Sega are a great company but they honestly need someone to fucking direct them, they're smart people being run by idiots who care about Pachinko machines.

Even with all those games being sold they're still in deep shit if they don't sort things out, the only way for them to make good games again is to basically stop being retarded, but that is a difficult thing for them to do. What Sega need is either a game that'll sell like Pokémon/CoD or an investor/company who really wants Sega to make a game for them or in general get them out of their rut.

I think Sega could easily be saved by listening to their fans, and releasing simple easy games onto mobile platforms for free with advertisements to net them some money, and then get the team behind Generations back to make a new GOOD Sonic game for current gen platforms./PC, with maybe a bit on the side on marketing.

Although, that Sonic Cartoon has apparently been pretty decent with the kids, there have been like 16 episodes so far so someone must be watching them.
For some reason, the pouches on the Elephant and random grenade among the peanuts is giving me a Metal Slug-vibe.

Sega could use a new animal-based IP I guess, and it's nice to see Gamefreak do something other than Pokemon.

We'll know for sure by Wednesday.
I bet the team-up consist of Sega just being the Supervisor whilst Game freak does ALL the heavywork including supervising.
Pages: 1 2