VGFacts

Full Version: VGFacts Awards 2015 Nominees!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
So, I made a quick exucutive descion.  Past winners are nominated to be potentially repeats.  Except me.  I hate me being a repeat.  That's actually the only reason I came up with that rule.  Instead, previous winners names are in bold.  They're still nominees (this is also totally not a cop-out to come up with more nominees).  Some awards that didn't really pull in any nominees/caused some controversy were axed.  Cheers!

Award dealing to specific posts will be updated soon to include that post/text.

Best GIFFer: retrolinkx, Psychospacecow, Arjahn

Most Compulsive Thanker: PsychospaceCow, gamemaster1991, Kakariko Kid

Most Delicious Person: PsychospaceCow, CosmykTheDolfyn, Beware of Cuccos

Most Quoted Person: SERIOUSLY THOUGH, gamemaster1991

Best what's that thing under our usernames: Mass Distraction, CosmykTheDolfyn, Psychospacecow, tigerlilly

Best Dream:
retrolinkx
Beware Of Cuccos
CosmykTheDolfyn
Kakariko Kid
Lord of the Forum: Petie, Rob, SERIOUSLY THOUGH

Most Amazing Pets: Beware Of Cuccos/Boomer, SERIOUSLY THOUGH, tigerlilly/Dazz

Most Majestic Selfies: tigerlilly, SERIOUSLY THOUGH, Beware Of Cuccos, Raiden Blackwood

Most Majestic Photos Period! tigerlilly, Beware Of Cuccos, Hexadecimal

Most Interesting Vent: Hexadecimal, CLXCool, gamemaster1991,

Best Avatar: PsychospaceCow, Hexadecimal, Beware Of Cuccos, SERIOUSLY THOUGH

Best Signature: Arjahn, SERIOUSLY THOUGH, GameWizzard101, Psychospacecow

Most Reputable: Petie, G-Haven (I'm only typing the nominees.  I didn't change anything)

The Topic Setter: Beware of Cuccos, CLXCool, RepentantSky

Best Addition to the Cuccos Lore: Arjahn

News Anchor: SERIOUSLY THOUGH, CLXCool, Psychospacecow

Get Some Sleep, Man!: gamemaster1991 (K, he's a shoe in again.  Stat based awards, baby).

Most Impressive Collection: Hexadecimal, Mass Distraction, Pewable

Best Tattoo: Boomer, Beware Of Cuccos, Hexadecimal,

Best Creative Work: SERIOUSLY THOUGH,  CLXcool, Boyobmas, Psychospacecow

Most Manly Day (I swear I'll get more original post in here than my own, but I'm running out of time and have to leave soon):
CosmykTheDolfyn
SERIOUSLY THOUGH (Shooting at Parliament!)
Beware Of Cuccos/Boomer
Craziest Day at Work(For the record, I didn't get enough nominations here, so I sifted through nine pages of the Weird Stories at Work thread and found some good ones):
SEROUSLY THOUGH
tigerlilly
CosmykTheDolfyn
TheTrueBoss997
Hexadecimal
Trivia Star: gamemaster1991

Game with most contribution: Grand Theft Auto IV

Best Day Ever!: CosmykTheDolfyn
CLXcool
Beware Of Cuccos
Best User Title that Matches User: CosmykTheDolfyn, BumbleBeeCody, Psychospacecow

Biggest Goddam Tease: Beardy, Kat, Mass Distraction (he makes his own awesome signature and avatar then never post any more art.  WHY???)

The Streamer Award: Arjahn, BumblebeeCody, CosmykTheDolfyn

Coolest Consoles: Kakariko Kid, retrolinkx, Mass Distraction, BumbleBeeCody

The Librarian: tigerlilly, Dazz, DYKG

Well, compiling all of that only took an hour.

Best Trivia Finds!:
CosmykTheDolfyn F-Zero-Star Fox universe mingling http://www.vgfacts.com/forums/thread-1111.html
Mass Distraction: Triple Mobile Light Trivia
http://www.vgfacts.com/series/mobilelightforce/
http://www.vgfacts.com/game/mobilelightforce/
http://www.vgfacts.com/game/mobilelightforce2/
Psychospacecow Yu-Gi-Oh game showcases character well before cartoon appearance! http://www.vgfacts.com/trivia/3043/
Kakariko Kid Excitebike in LoZ:MMhttp://www.vgfacts.com/forums/thread-1336.html
gamemaster1991: Universal Monsters: The Gamehttp://www.vgfacts.com/trivia/4933/
CLXcool The Kingdom Hearts... Cartoon?http://www.vgfacts.com/trivia/7079/
You're doing Black and White player character's work, son.
Do I have to write a reson for voting them in? I have my votes ready to go and decided to ask.
This is exciting! Hehe!
What's the voting format ?

One vote for our chosen wiener, or preferential ?

Also, I would assume you can't vote for a category for which you're nominated as if you vote for yourself, it's silly, and if you vote for someone else that isn't you, it's even more silly.

PS - Will be putting up my 50-word spiels later today :)
Ok, I completely goofed up and forget to detail voting because... reasons. I was tired last night, ok?
So it will be preferential, and I've included an example from last year. So, votes can be sent to me by PM. I'll count and tally them and reveal the winners Sunday. So, just rate your top choices 1-whatever. Last year, somebody voted in this order for Best Avatar:
1:Combat Lobster
2:Psychospacecow
3:Petie
4:Vipershark

Meaning that the number 1 pick is Combat Lobster in this example, and then so on. Once you send votes in this format to me in a PM, I'll tally everyone's votes and the person with the LOWEST score is the winner. That simple.

Also, I'm thinking of an awards show/ceremony this Sunday, the 22cd, at around 5 PM Eastern Standard Time. Everyone please comment on whether or not that time works. On that note, I'll quit taking votes Sunday 12 PM Eastern Standard Time. Give me some time to count.

I also think instead of a large Skype call like last year and trying to chase everyone down in one group, we'll just use the VGFacts Mumble Server! We'll just have to choose which room to use, but with a max capacity of 100 people, we should have plenty of space to talk.

Also, adding the Best Trivia Found Award now that I somehow forgot.

(03-19-2015, 11:35 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: [ -> ]Do I have to write a reson for voting them in? I have my votes ready to go and decided to ask.

No, just vote!  Send it to me in a PM!
I thought I'd have a chance at the Get Some Sleep, Man" award. I usually forget to log out and often fall asleep with my mobile device still logged in. Gamemaster1991, GET SOME SLEEP, MAN!!!
Do you have to vote for all of the catagories? Or can you just vote for a few?
Also, hey! I'm nominated! Sweet! :D
(03-20-2015, 09:13 AM)Boyobmas Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have to vote for all of the catagories? Or can you just vote for a few?
Also, hey! I'm nominated! Sweet! :D

Vote for as many or as few as want to!
5pm Eastern is 4pm Central, yes? That should be good. Also, i'll have to post some pictures of my tattoos so I have a chance this year!

-Vote for as many or as few categories as you want.
-Definitely vote for yourself. I did! :D
-Send the votes in a PM to CosmykTheDolfyn
Holy shit, I've actually forgotten that I had that dream, thanks for reminded me.

I'll vote either today or tomorrow.

Also, I would've submitted to the "Best trivia finds" bit but I thought you guys were looking for specific ones, not just good ones in general since I have a few.
Do I really have interesting vents? I normally just do it to relieve some stress.

It's still nice to have another category that I have an equal chance to win.
After looking at the nominees. I'm surprised that i'm actually nominated more this time around apart from 'creative work'. Interesting vent? I wonder which vent you thought that was actually good to nominate me for that(I have a ton of them). News Anchor? Best Day ever and Best trivia finds? Wow. I'm really rolling in the nominees this time around. I'm gonna have to think this one over before sending in my votes(i'm almost tempting on voting myself but I dont think that would be fair). Best of luck to everyone. 
Just some info on this shooting at parliament, as it doesn't have a blurb attached !

I was happily working away like I usually do up on Parliament Hill here in Ottawa when a gunman forces his way into the building and starts shooting. He's subdued by the excellent security forces we have whilst we're all being evacuated as best we can, not knowing if there are other terrorists ready to pop out right next to us.
Then I spend the next 12 hours in a saferoom as they secure every nook of the parliamentary buildings to make sure that no more shooters are hiding out.
So now I can add "survived terrorist attack" to my CV :)
I should be able to cast my vote either later tonight or sometime tommorow. It's quite exciting! :)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6