VGFacts

Full Version: EVO 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://evo.shoryuken.com/

what/which game(s) are you guys looking forward too? are there any top players that you enjoy watching? discuss!
Never heard of it, but that's really cool.
Smash (as usual) and Persona 4 Arena Ultima. Because of reasons.
(03-29-2015, 04:11 PM)Kakariko Kid Wrote: [ -> ]Never heard of it, but that's really cool.

basically, its the biggest competitive gaming tournament in las vegas. its lots of fun to watch and fun to root for your favorite player.

im looking forward to ssb melee and super sm4sh bros.
Mortal Smash Kombat 4

no wait

Super Kombat Brothers X

one more try

Tekken 7 Melee
Most likely Tekken 7. But that's only because the game is still going to be in it's early stage so we'll see how the tiers fair out *cough*Mishimas again*cough*.

Also looking forward to Mortal Kombat X since that's also new.

Also, Killer Instinct since that's the game I'm heavily into at the moment. Interested to see how the game does since Season 2 will be finished by then. Plus, last year was some of the most unhype gameplay I've ever seen. I love K.I but EVO 2014 was crap.

But you can never go wrong with Marvel and Melee. Hype as shit! get your salt shakers and Kappas out.

[Image: izTXDlGe3EIAK.gif]
I guess Smash and Persona, but really the Persona fighting games don't make much sense to me honestly. The whole point of the game is save people from being killed while building bonds with most of the characters you meet. It's odd to see them fighting like that.
(04-01-2015, 02:24 AM)RepentantSky Wrote: [ -> ]I guess Smash and Persona, but really the Persona fighting games don't make much sense to me honestly. The whole point of the game is save people from being killed while building bonds with most of the characters you meet. It's odd to see them fighting like that.

I don't get Mario Kart...... or Golf....... or Tennis........ or Party......... or DDR. The point is to rescue a kidnapped bimbo from a dragon turtle. It's REALLY odd and disilusioning to see the three of them racing in Karts, playing sports, playing a board game, and Dancing (though the last one Bowser is still a bad guy). Compared to Mario, Persona Arena is very normal since everyone is still in charicter and everyone is still fighting.
(04-01-2015, 10:16 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-01-2015, 02:24 AM)RepentantSky Wrote: [ -> ]I guess Smash and Persona, but really the Persona fighting games don't make much sense to me honestly. The whole point of the game is save people from being killed while building bonds with most of the characters you meet. It's odd to see them fighting like that.

I don't get Mario Kart...... or Golf....... or Tennis........ or Party......... or DDR. The point is to rescue a kidnapped bimbo from a dragon turtle. It's REALLY odd and disilusioning to see the three of them racing in Karts, playing sports, playing a board game, and Dancing (though the last one Bowser is still a bad guy). Compared to Mario, Persona Arena is very normal since everyone is still in charicter and everyone is still fighting.

Mario's been doing Party and sportsĀ games since the series was still young. That's not the same thing as starting a series in 1996 and coming out with a fighter all the way in 2012.
(04-01-2015, 07:51 PM)RepentantSky Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-01-2015, 10:16 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: [ -> ]

Mario's been doing Party and sportsĀ games since the series was still young. That's not the same thing as starting a series in 1996 and coming out with a fighter all the way in 2012.

To be fair, Mario Bros and Super Mario Bros came out in 1983 and 1985 (not counting Donkey Kong in 1981), and Mario Kart started in 1991, while Persona came out in 1996 (not counting the other Shin Megami Tensei games starting in 1987) while P4A came out in 2012. What makes Mario's 6-8 years different then Persona's 16?

Doesn't matter any way. Both games are fun (in a way) and I'd like to see someone bring back Sonic the Fighters (made 5 years after Sonic the Hedgehog I just found out). Seriously, this is the best out of no where game change and I love it for that. Bring it back, even if it's weird to control.
You know, Mario's just a convenient, and easily recognized character they designed to be able to throw into anything. "Mr. Video" and all. Don't take his exploits too seriously. They're not meant to be that complex or sensical.
(04-01-2015, 08:39 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: [ -> ]You know, Mario's just a convenient, and easily recognized character they designed to be able to throw into anything. "Mr. Video" and all. Don't take his exploits too seriously. They're not meant to be that complex or sensical.

Unless you're playing Smash. Speaking of, Metwo and Lucas now are apart of Smash 4 in time for EVO 2015. Who will get bopped?
(04-03-2015, 07:20 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-01-2015, 08:39 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: [ -> ]You know, Mario's just a convenient, and easily recognized character they designed to be able to throw into anything. "Mr. Video" and all. Don't take his exploits too seriously. They're not meant to be that complex or sensical.

Unless you're playing Smash. Speaking of, Metwo and Lucas now are apart of Smash 4 in time for EVO 2015. Who will get bopped?

For most people, it really isn't. Smash has no groundings in the mario story or timeline. It has as little meaning as the sports games.
(04-03-2015, 09:45 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-03-2015, 07:20 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: [ -> ]

For most people, it really isn't. Smash has no groundings in the mario story or timeline. It has as little meaning as the sports games.

I think he's referring competitive wise.
(04-03-2015, 09:55 AM)Berry Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-03-2015, 09:45 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-03-2015, 07:20 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: [ -> ]Unless you're playing Smash. Speaking of, Metwo and Lucas now are apart of Smash 4 in time for EVO 2015. Who will get bopped?

I think he's referring competitive wise.

Yeah, I know. As I said, for most people, it really isn't. That was something put together by fans, not Nintendo.
Pages: 1 2