VGFacts

Full Version: Fighting is Magic is revived!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I thought about mentioning this either in the fighting game thread or the gaming news thread but honestly, this deserves its own thread.

So, to anyone unfamiliar with the game it was a project to make a fighting game out of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic but Hasbro put a stop to the whole thing, thus rendering the game pretty much dead.

Now help has arrived from fairly unexpected directions. Lauren Faust, the creator of the said series, joined the team in order to help them make a whole new one with original characters and settings. Then Mike Zaimont of the Skullgirls fame approached the Mane6 team and offered to give them their engine for free if their Kickstarter reaches $725,000. This is where the help is needed: small donations to the Skullgirls team (a good investment in itself) will help this project get right on track.

Good news everyone! The fundraiser was a success and the team now has the Z-Engine. Now it's just waiting for the game to be developed.

In any case, even if they don't get to that sum the Mane6 team might still buy the engine and by doing that they could sell the game on PSN, XBLA and whatevs. I think Hasbro did them a favor when they cancelled the original project.

Dev Team Site

Skullgirls Donations Site

Seriously, any game where you can fight as an alpaca is an insta-buy.
[Image: 1897676_216323628565994_1452838349_n.png]
there's a fighting game thread?
I do appreciate this game, but I never thought that Lauren Faust would be in the credits.
(03-23-2013, 09:55 PM)PixelXenoKing Wrote: [ -> ]there's a fighting game thread?

Yup. http://www.vgfacts.com/forums/thread-80.html

(03-23-2013, 10:40 PM)kirbologist Wrote: [ -> ]I do appreciate this game, but I never thought that Lauren Faust would be in the credits.

That one was a surprise for sure. She's a cool person.
Wooo! The Skullgirls fundraiser got to $829,829 from their $150,000 goal, which effectively means that Mane6 is getting the Z-Engine for free to develop their game. 10 bucks of that money is mine, getting the sweet, sweet Skullgirls soundtrack for that.
(03-25-2013, 10:27 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-23-2013, 09:55 PM)PixelXenoKing Wrote: [ -> ]there's a fighting game thread?

Yup. http://www.vgfacts.com/forums/thread-80.html

(03-23-2013, 10:40 PM)kirbologist Wrote: [ -> ]I do appreciate this game, but I never thought that Lauren Faust would be in the credits.

That one was a surprise for sure. She's a cool person.

gotta love dem fighting games!
As an interesting side note, the original Fighting is Magic was finished, unofficially, via fans. It even has online capabilities.

Find it here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EHIN...true&pli=1
Mane6 is now a real company, going by the name of Mane6, Inc. This is good news looking forward to the future crowdfunding campaign. I've been playing a lot of Skullgirls lately and if this game is going to be even half as good, I'll be set.

http://www.mane6.com/2014/05/mane6-inc/
Concept art revealed after the team has been in silence for a bit over a year.

[Image: 11193352_379338798931142_155977395913403993_n.png]
Oh good, they accepted my application.
Lauren Faust is still on board of this game isn't she?
(05-03-2015, 03:29 PM)CLXcool Wrote: [ -> ]Lauren Faust is still on board of this game isn't she?

She's the character artist, I believe.
(05-04-2015, 12:43 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-03-2015, 03:29 PM)CLXcool Wrote: [ -> ]Lauren Faust is still on board of this game isn't she?

She's the character artist, I believe.

That is probably a yes then.
So thats a yes then. She's still on board on this. Last thing I heard was that she was writing and directing an animated feature of the greek myth Medusa(you know the snake haired lady) as an animated feature for Sony animation.

But to get back on subject. I guess Mane 6 has been very quiet about this game.
Cool cool :)
Pages: 1 2