VGFacts

Full Version: Project X Zone 2 = so much yes!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

I don't want to spoil anyone that's in there so I won't talk about the characters in it until a couple of people have posted, but I know pretty much everyone in that trailer and more are to come so I am so hyped for this. Any thoughts on it? Any characters you want to see added? 
(04-13-2015, 12:25 PM)RepentantSky Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't want to spoil anyone that's in there so I won't talk about the characters in it until a couple of people have posted, but I know pretty much everyone in that trailer and more are to come so I am so hyped for this. Any thoughts on it? Any characters you want to see added? 

> Gets character from a Shinobi game.

> Character from shitty Shinobi remake, and not Joe Musashi.

SEGA is really killing me right now.

Never played the first one, but I love crossovers so I'm game for a sequel (Also Namco, if you're letting Monolith use your franchises, let them make Attack of the Saiyans 2.... please?)

characters I want in:

NAMCO:
Lloyd Irving
Nightmare (Pre-SCIII)
The Prince 
Cless Alvein
Valkyrie
Rick Taylor

SEGA: 
Sonic the Hedgehog (how was he NOT in the first one?)
Ryo Hazuki
Ai-Ai
NiGHTS
Bayonetta
Billy Hatcher
Opa-Opa
Alex Kidd
Joe Musashi

CAPCOM:
Mega Man Volnutt
Firebrand
Viewtiful Joe
Vanessa Z. Schneider
The Killer 7
Amaterasu
The player's broken, yo. Try [video=youtube] and [/video] as tags.

Anyway, I'm not sure what to think about this. I love crossovers and I did play through the previous game but hot damn was it repetitive near the end. The difficulty was very superficial with the game just throwing more enemies with massive health bars on the screen. There was hardly any tactics or micromanagement, both of which being something I expect from my tactical role-playing games. What I'm trying to say here is that I really, REALLY hope they have polished the gameplay and added to it. As an aside, and I know Bandai Namco only published them, but it would be fun if they had a character from the Souls series appear in there.

Now if they only could release Namco X Capcom as a PS2 Classic...

(04-13-2015, 12:44 PM)Takahashi2212 Wrote: [ -> ]> Gets character from a Shinobi game.

Hey, I actually liked Hotsuma. It would be cool if he did meet up with Joe, though.

Btw. It wasn't a remake. It was an indirect sequel.
(04-13-2015, 12:48 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: [ -> ]

(04-13-2015, 12:44 PM)Takahashi2212 Wrote: [ -> ]> Gets character from a Shinobi game.

Hey, I actually liked Hotsuma. It would be cool if he did meet up with Joe, though.

I meant to write reboot (even though technically that might have also been wrong). It just sucks to see Joe get shafted from his own series.
(04-13-2015, 01:06 PM)Takahashi2212 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-13-2015, 12:48 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: [ -> ]

I meant to write reboot (even though technically that might have also been wrong). It just sucks to see Joe get shafted from his own series.

I get your sentiment. I guess they just figured they'd use the one who is in more recent memory, since propably a whole lot of newer gamers haven't played the original series. If not Joe, I think seeing his son or grandson (coincidentally also named Joe) from the later games would also be cool. Or, if they want to keep the characters more recent, Joe's father from that 3DS game.
I agree that the first project x zone was in need of improvement especially at the end, but it was fun. I hope this new game does do some improvements where the gameplay is concerned, and I'm also a little bit worried that Haseo will be stuck to one form. If I can't go X'th in PXJ 2, I'm gonna be unhappy with the character's interpretation. There's a possibility that some characters with forms may not get them, which I really hope isn't true, because while that would make them a bit OP, it would also make them seem weak if they didn't have them. I don't know, we'll see what happens when we get our first gameplay trailer or video down the line at some point.
Oh and yes Takahashi, they need to have Sonic in there. I was a bit surprised he wasn't a character in the previous game. In any case, I'm happy to see Leon there. I would also like to see Claire now that she actually has a new game under her belt.

(04-13-2015, 04:19 PM)RepentantSky Wrote: [ -> ]I'm also a little bit worried that Haseo will be stuck to one form. If I can't go X'th in PXJ 2, I'm gonna be unhappy with the character's interpretation. There's a possibility that some characters with forms may not get them, which I really hope isn't true, because while that would make them a bit OP, it would also make them seem weak if they didn't have them.

They are most likely going to handle any different forms like they did in the first game, as a part of the characters' special moves. Like, for example, Neneko/Neito.
(04-13-2015, 05:57 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: [ -> ]Oh and yes Takahashi, they need to have Sonic in there. I was a bit surprised he wasn't a character in the previous game.

Sonic was the one character I expected, without a shadow of a doubt, would be in. I get that they want to use human and humanoid characters only, but it seems so off to have a Namco and SEGA crossover and not have Pac-Man and Sonic.
Kite, awesome.

Natsu, not so much.

What is this game anyway?
(04-13-2015, 06:52 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: [ -> ]Kite, awesome.

Natsu, not so much.

What is this game anyway?

Watch that to get an idea. A few minor spoilers are in it though because it's a demo but take a look if you'd like.
I haven't played the first one, but this intrigues me. If Sega is gonna be part of this. They BETTER include their other games to this besides Sonic. This could be the perfect time to bring back characters from Phantasy Star for this. I hope Billy Hatcher and Bayonetta appear in this as well. 
So, its like a big fan service-y Final Fantasy Tactics?
(04-13-2015, 09:11 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: [ -> ]So, its like a big fan service-y Final Fantasy Tactics?

That's not inaccurate I'd say. I think it's a bit more complicated than that, but you aren't far from right.
(04-13-2015, 08:41 PM)CLXcool Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't played the first one, but this intrigues me. If Sega is gonna be part of this. They BETTER include their other games to this besides Sonic. This could be the perfect time to bring back characters from Phantasy Star for this. I hope Billy Hatcher and Bayonetta appear in this as well. 

They didn't include a single character from Sonic in the previous game, which was kind of strange.

You can see a list of the characters in the previous game from its Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_X_Zone#Characters

(04-13-2015, 10:05 PM)RepentantSky Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-13-2015, 09:11 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: [ -> ]So, its like a big fan service-y Final Fantasy Tactics?

That's not inaccurate I'd say. I think it's a bit more complicated than that, but you aren't far from right.

Speaking of, I would love it if the gameplay actually resembled Tactics. You know, with more tactics.
I can agree there. The game's only real tactic was what you did with the percentages of each group of attackers in your party. I mean getting close enough to an ally in order to get extra damage doesn't really add much to a game.
Pages: 1 2