VGFacts

Full Version: My 3DS bit the dust
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I lost my receipt and I cannot register my 3DS to Club Nintendo anymore. Wal-Mart's return policy was 15 days. I bought it in February. I'll call Nintendo later. If I have to have a receipt, does anyone know if Wal-Mart can somehow look up my transactions I've made with my bank card?

Here is my problem: the screens went black while I was playing. To get it to turn off, I have to take the battery out. I got it to come back on and the top screen started bouncing around while trying to jump between 2D and 3D and the buttons, joystick, and touch screen were disabled. If I close it while it is on and open it back up, the screens remain black. The Wi-Fi turns itself on.
Did it get wet?
Walmart often does take back products without receipt for store credit. Given how recent the purchase was, they might even have a record of it on their end but since you're past the return window it may be better to just try returning it as defective and say you lost the receipt. Worst case scenario, you're in the same position you're in now.

Also, Club Nintendo would be no use to you now - I'm pretty sure they've stopped allowing new registrations anyway. You might be able to deal with Nintendo directly though I can't remember how long their warranty lasts.
(04-18-2015, 09:22 AM)Petie Wrote: [ -> ]Walmart often does take back products without receipt for store credit. Given how recent the purchase was, they might even have a record of it on their end but since you're past the return window it may be better to just try returning it as defective and say you lost the receipt. Worst case scenario, you're in the same position you're in now.

Also, Club Nintendo would be no use to you now - I'm pretty sure they've stopped allowing new registrations anyway. You might be able to deal with Nintendo directly though I can't remember how long their warranty lasts.

(04-18-2015, 10:15 AM)Kakariko Kid Wrote: [ -> ]The booklet said the hardware has a twelve month warranty. I'll be calling them and see what I can do.

I just talked to a lady at Nintendo. She was super helpful and set up a repair. She was able to track the system through the serial number. I'm happy.

(04-18-2015, 09:06 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote: [ -> ]Did it get wet?

No. I even pulled the battery out and checked to see if that red sticker thing showed water damage