VGFacts

Full Version: Senior Speech Time - Thoughts, opinions, etc.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It has been a long four years. These have been years of triumph, of mistakes, ingenuity, long sleepless nights, and blissful short ones. As far as I’m considered, this is a great 12th grade year. The people I see before me today will stick with me for the rest of my life, but the time has come where I find the need to look upon each and every one of you, and say goodbye. The end is nigh, the time has come. We’ve beaten the villain, rolled past the credits, collected the prize, and we’re waiting for the sequel. We’ve earned this.
It has been a long four years. We stuck through the punches. We’ve run through the bulwarks, finished the tutorials, and it's time to walk forth into the main world, the real world, where all the toils and troubles, factions and folly of this little confined reality are made trivial, abandon to new toils, troubles, factions and follies, in another more specialized, refined, confined reality that we call college! That’s right, get ready for the point where we set out away from the number one cliche romance comedy setting known to man into the same thing plus paying for an apartment, food, taxes and general maintenance. Prepare to excitedly deal with people like teacher that speaks too softly in giant room full of 100 people, old lady downstairs with ears stronger and more agitated than Mike Tyson in his ear biting days, and roommate who bums off of you.Jokes aside, it's been an honor.
It has been a long four years. I honestly can’t say that I know all the answers. There’s a lot of thing I’m unsure about, too many variables, too many fears, too little time, but no generation found themselves pushing the boundaries of what we see as reality hiding their heads in nostalgia toxic sand. The world we’re walking into will wants to tear you apart, rend you with crippling debts, eviscerate you with unforeseen drama, tragic loss, and more crippling debt. This, we cannot allow. This is something we will deny, for when the world tries to chew you up, you will be the cavity. Force yourself to be known and succeed. A thousand thousand generations have preceded us, all better off than the last. That is something we will continue. By our command, humanity will improve. This is our world we’re walking into. This is our future! This is our time!
It has been a long four years. The time has come for those amongst us to depart. Do not look upon this moment with solemnity for this passage through the night is concluded with light in the horizon. I look upon each and every one of you, my colleagues, my friends. It has been an honor, and I wish you all the best of luck in future endeavors, for this is where we make our leave. This old reality of ours will soon be dismantled for the new one around the corner, like a graduationary ark.

So, this is my Senior Speech as of this moment. Got any suggestions for me?
Have some emotional music in the background, and bring some saline solution so you can cry on cue at the end.

Nah, I joke. It's good, but I would probably change the "We’ve beaten the villain, rolled past the credits, collected the prize, and we’re waiting for the sequel." It feels kind of out of place to have, while it may sound good. I would maybe change it or take it out.
Yeah, I'm with you there, but I kind of want to make this as cliche as possible for giggles.
Forgot a bit of detail. I need to make a powerpoint and video, too. I've got a good idea of what I want to do for the powerpoint. Anyone got an idea for the video?

Start up with that as your introduction. Then just continue normally with the speech.

Nah, but really. What kind of video are you looking for here, music, comedy, drama, something about the future?

Yo come on guys, help Psycho out here. I can't be the only one to "help" him right now.
Well, as I understand it, I've got to make the video itself. I don't know. Inspirational future talk sounds good though.