VGFacts

Full Version: What was your first E3 memory?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know that I saw one or two E3s before this, but I remember the first reveal for Metal Gear Solid 3. It was the scene with the bike chase. I thought the game looked so real, like things could never progress beyond what that was, like that was it. What was your first E3 memory?
The first thing I ever saw from an E3 was the version of Dark Cloud that never was. I can't say I remember if was when it first happened, but it was what got me to pay attention to Level 5, a company who I have been a huge fan of since.
I never watch the event itself, only the news articles that follow.

Something Resident Evil related, I guess.
I've never seen the show, just clips online or on television (dang you DirecTV for stopping having G4 TV). I believe my first memory about out it, though, is reading about Nintendo's announcement of the Ultra 64 is an Electronic Gaming Monthly mag.
I remember Sony at E3 in 2006.

Plus the trailer for The Last Guardian.
This entire conference is gold. Not a single let down. It just got better as it went on. Nintendo proving themselves to the fuckin' kings of gaming and kicking everyones arse.

1) This is the conference we got an intro to the icon himself that is, Reggi-fis Aime. Not in a small way either. How do you introduce yourself for the first time to the press, fans and developers...
"I'm Reggie! I'm about kickin' ass, taking names and we're about making games". 
2) Straight to the point. Give you Metroid Prime 2, GameBoy games one after the other, StarFox Assault, Minish Cap(Still the best handheld Zelda), Pikmin 2, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (My favourite DK game), Viewtiful Joe 2 and so much more.
3) Nintendo catering to all of the gamers without having to sacrifice their own core gamers, much like what they are now.
4) Resident Evil 4. Not much to say. My all time favourite game and Nintendo gave us plenty to take in and get us prepared for the masterpiece of RE4.
5) Shots fired at Sony and Microsoft (Sales data)
6) Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green. The beginning of Nintendo embracing remakes-release-updates long before the trend we have now AND giving the Pokemon games the beginning of wireless functionality. 
7) NES Line and NES GBA SP. Gorgeous handheld and again, brilliant idea to release NES games on the go.
8) The Nintendo DS. This is the event where the Nintendo DS was first unveiled. The point where Nintendo took over handheld gaming and still do to this day. Online, Microphone, Dual Screen, Touch Screen, 3D graphics and so much more. Everything that we have now.
9) Twilight Princess reveal. I've never watched a trailer for a game so many times. Combined with Miyamoto doing that Zelda pose. So incredible. It's still one of the highest E3 reaction videos out there. So incredibly hype!
10) Talks of the Nintendo Revolution (Wii)

Entire conference is gold. Well worth watching during this E3 craze. I still stand by this period in time when Nintendo were at their best. Incredible time to be a Nintendo fan....what happened to them now though? :(
Why is the bot copying me? How rude.
They are getting smarter.
I kinda want to give the bot rep just because it copied my post, that's kind of impressive.
(06-24-2015, 06:09 AM)RepentantSky Wrote: [ -> ]I kinda want to give the bot rep just because it copied my post, that's kind of impressive.

It would be if it hadn't done the same thing in like 5 other threads.
Yeah, I was kinda confused on that at first.
(06-24-2015, 10:18 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-24-2015, 06:09 AM)RepentantSky Wrote: [ -> ]I kinda want to give the bot rep just because it copied my post, that's kind of impressive.

It would be if it hadn't done the same thing in like 5 other threads.

I'm aware. I think it copied me at least twice, if not thrice. I just find it amusing.
Repentant, are you part of Skynet?
(06-24-2015, 04:44 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: [ -> ]Repentant, are you part of Skynet?

Shhhh, If I get found out, I won't be anymore. Hell, I might disappear, forever.
I think the first time I got into E3 was when Nintendo Revolution was announced years ago. Man, I was so hyped back then, thinking I could play all those old games in one system.
Pages: 1 2