VGFacts

Full Version: South Park: The Fractured but Whole
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

This was one of the things that caught me by surprise at this year's e3. Looks like Trey and Matt managed to make a sequel to The Stick of Truth, but instead of fantasy, it looks like Superheroes are the theme here. It looks fantastic. Anyone looking forward to this? I have a feeling that Trey and Matt are going to make a ton of jabs at DC comics in this
I want to see more of this game before I consider getting it, but if it turns out to be a little less gross than Stick of Truth, (a.k.a. fighting while your parents have sex/going up a gay man's ass and fighting poop based foes, as examples) I might like it more. There were things I just didn't want to do in that game, so I never got it.
(06-17-2015, 03:59 AM)RepentantSky Wrote: [ -> ]I want to see more of this game before I consider getting it, but if it turns out to be a little less gross than Stick of Truth, (a.k.a. fighting while your parents have sex/going up a gay man's ass and fighting poop based foes, as examples) I might like it more. There were things I just didn't want to do in that game, so I never got it.

But... but that's just South Park.
(06-17-2015, 05:07 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-17-2015, 03:59 AM)RepentantSky Wrote: [ -> ]I want to see more of this game before I consider getting it, but if it turns out to be a little less gross than Stick of Truth, (a.k.a. fighting while your parents have sex/going up a gay man's ass and fighting poop based foes, as examples) I might like it more. There were things I just didn't want to do in that game, so I never got it.

But that's the difference between watching it happen and playing through it. As a quick joke, or a one, or rare episode thing, that'd be fine, but I just didn't like the idea of someone's balls swinging around when I'm in the middle of a fight. As a South Park game, I'm sure it's fine, but as an RPG, I can do without that.
(06-17-2015, 05:21 AM)RepentantSky Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-17-2015, 05:07 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: [ -> ]

But that's the difference between watching it happen and playing through it. As a quick joke, or a one, or rare episode thing, that'd be fine, but I just didn't like the idea of someone's balls swinging around when I'm in the middle of a fight. As a South Park game, I'm sure it's fine, but as an RPG, I can do without that.

That's the [w]hole point though, the game is South Park, and crude humor is integral to the show. Of course the game is going to be disturbing, and as a fan of the series, I would hate for them to compromise on such a core element. That's like complaining that Mortal Kombat or Doom are too violent. 
^A comparison well made. 

What do you guys think will happen in this game? I hope that there are clever classes here.
In about 2 and a half hours, I have to go to Game Stop to look at a Fractured Butt Hole tonight ;)
Man I loved the first game. Definitely buying this.
Buy it and you get Stick of Truth for free. At least console that I know of