VGFacts

Full Version: Computer monitor incorrect adjusts resolution.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay so I've had this AOC monitor for a year and a half now. I've never had any problems with it until recently.

I was playing L4D2 and I accidentally hit the auto adjust button and for some reason the monitor adjusted to an incorrect position. As illustrated in the crude image I made in paint.

[Image: Desktop_at_1360.jpg]

The picture being the desktop, and the black lines being sections where the desktop was not being shown (sort of like putting a 16:9 image in 4:3)

So, I messed around with settings but could never get it back to where it should've been. My desktop resolution is 1360x768 (my monitor is actually 1366x768, but it's a cheap Chinese model which has broken pixels on the right of it so I usually kept it as 1360x768 so I wouldn't see those broken pixels)

Every time I tried to auto adjust it'd just go to similar places. It would never try to fill the monitor completely like it should. I eventually stopped playing L4D2 but when I returned to the desktop it was like that as well.

I changed the desktop resolution to 1366x768 and this seemed to have fixed the problem. The image stretched like it should and filled the monitor. It was fine until today where I accidentally hit the auto adjust again and it seemed to be stuck like that. The same problem were it would not fill the monitor like it should.

I tried messing around with the settings. As far as I can tell there is no way to manually force the image to stretch to wherever I want it to (by manipulating Horizontal and Vertical planes) and there seems to be no way of making it auto adjust correctly. I turned the computer off and did a system restore but that did nothing.

I eventually found that 1280x720 (the current resolution I am using) will not have this problem. It will fill the screen completely like it should, but if I try to put it back to either 1280x768, 1360x760 and 1360x768 I will get the problem again.

I've tried looking online but I'm really not sure what the problem is. I guess buying a new monitor isn't entierly out of the question, but I'd like to keep using this one for now, so is there anything I can do?

I heard that I should reinstall certain drivers but not sure which ones and if that would do anything.

Thanks in advanced.