VGFacts

Full Version: Need help with receiver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just ordered a PC wireless gaming receiver, just so I would play my steam games with a 360 controller rather than having to replace a keyboard in case if it broke while I was playing a game. However. There seems to be a snag. I can't get the receiver itself to be installed into my computer. I had a disc to start it up, and after managing to sort out a few things. I couldn't find the installing wizard that was needed to start it up. It was just complicated. Does anyone know how I can get the receiver up and running so I can play games with a controller rather than a keyboard?
Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in?
Turning the computer off and back on?
Have you entered the Konami code?
Colossus, this is normally a driver issue. Its not a cartridge or a memory card.
It was a joke.. my bad. I haven't dealt with the wireless controllers on the PC, unless it's bluetooth.
Assuming it's the official receiver provided by Microsoft, you should be able to get up to date software for it here: https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us...or-windows
Psycho's links helped me out greatly. And yes, it was an official receiver.
Heh, I should have actually checked the links he posted before replying. Glad you got it working!