VGFacts

Full Version: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - Yuuzhan Vong
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, you can talk to your companion Canderous Ordo where you can ask him about his stories during his time fighting as a Mandalorian.

One of the stories he tells is about his encounter in the Crispin system with a strange meteorite object frozen in gas whilst fighting some smugglers.

Canderous Ordo: "The asteroid I had targeted was smaller than most, maybe a dozen meters on a side. On the outside it looked the same as any other: just a ball covered in frozen gas. But something must have been inside it... something inactive in the cold. The heat of my blast might have triggered something or woken something up. After I had hit it, spots of light and heat appeared all over the thin shell still covering it, evaporating the gases. What lay underneath looked like some sort of rocky growth... a deformed rock pitted by scores of micrometeorite scars. I think something even older might have been inside that."

Revan (dialogue choice): "An asteroid?"

Ordo: "Maybe... but maybe not. It started rotating - faster and faster as we watched it. After a second it started spraying fire - thermal projectiles that melted our armor like wax. We were caught completely by surprise. Before we could counter-attack, it fled at an incredible speed."

Revan: "A ship!"

Ordo: "We couldn't catch it, but we could follow its hyperspace wake. We followed its trail as far as we could, heading away from the galactic core. When it finally led beyond the edge of our galaxy, we abandoned our efforts. Anything that wants to commit suicide in that great void is not worth our trouble trying to catch."

Based on the description Canderous had given, the meteorite which he encountered was a Yuuzhan Vong, possibly a Yorik-et aka a Coralskipper.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yorik-et

The Yorik-et is 13 meters in length, armed with 2 Yaret-Kor cannons which fire lava, and its hull was made of coral.

The Yuuzhan Vong was a mysterious alien species that came from outside the known galaxy in the Star Wars universe, and would later play as a major threat in Star Wars lore, 25 years after the events of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope in the original "Legends" continuity.