VGFacts

Full Version: PSX 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So day one was pretty good. A new Yakuza game, Ni No Kuni 2, FF7 Remake gameplay, which I figured a lot of people would be mad about since the game is clearly not turn-based anymore, and a lot of other things as well. What peaked your interest? Since we now know PS2 games can come to the PS4 with Trophies and and the like, what game would be most interested in seeing there? Think we'll get anything exciting today? Let's talk about PSX.
I stopped paying attention at Ni No Kuni II. Yussssssssssssss

[Image: tumblr_mwvympxF7C1t30debo1_500.gif]
(12-06-2015, 01:05 PM)RepentantSky Wrote: [ -> ]Since we now know PS2 games can come to the PS4 with Trophies and and the like, what game would be most interested in seeing there?

Do I have to say it again? A remake/port of Okage. I NEEEED one.
(12-06-2015, 01:08 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote: [ -> ]I stopped paying attention at Ni No Kuni II. Yussssssssssssss

I'm with you there. Ni No Kuni was one of my favorite RPG's of all time. I was around a bunch of people when I first saw the trailer for it so I had to react calmly and people worried I was having a problem or something. If I had been at home by myself, I would have lost it entirely.
(12-06-2015, 01:05 PM)RepentantSky Wrote: [ -> ]FF7 Remake gameplay, which I figured a lot of people would be mad about since the game is clearly not turn-based anymore

I think the game's producer put it well. I don't remember the exact quote but he said that while it might have worked well on PS1, having these realistic new character models standing in a row, waiting for their turn and jumping around doing their moves would have looked just silly. And I gotta agree. If we are to have a modern style gameplay in the game with running around freely in the world and stuff, having these random moments where you just stand around waiting would break the flow of the game completely. As long as it's not the automated poop from XIII and more akin to XII or something like that, I'm okay with it.
(12-06-2015, 01:20 PM)RepentantSky Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-06-2015, 01:08 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote: [ -> ]I stopped paying attention at Ni No Kuni II. Yussssssssssssss

I'm with you there. Ni No Kuni was one of my favorite RPG's of all time. I was around a bunch of people when I first saw the trailer for it so I had to react calmly and people worried I was having a problem or something. If I had been at home by myself, I would have lost it entirely.

My other half is the one currently playing through it -- it's the only game for which I'll just drop whatever I'm doing and watch it with her, rather than reading or playing my own game. I didn't watch the trailer in case there were spoilers -- how is it looking ?
One guy had a Crash Bandicoot shirt, but no announcement of a new game of Crash Bandicoot.
(12-06-2015, 02:21 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-06-2015, 01:20 PM)RepentantSky Wrote: [ -> ]

My other half is the one currently playing through it -- it's the only game for which I'll just drop whatever I'm doing and watch it with her, rather than reading or playing my own game. I didn't watch the trailer in case there were spoilers -- how is it looking ?

If you are worried about spoilers for the first game, don't be, the only connections I see are that it takes place in the same world and that one of the characters dresses like Oliver. As for spoiling this new game itself, I don't really see that either. It is a reveal trailer after all, so it mostly just gives you the premise of the story and few small clips of the trailer itself. As for just rating the trailer goes, it's really good. It made me very happy as a fan. I do wish there had been some combat so we can see if there are any differences, but maybe at a later date.

(12-06-2015, 02:21 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-06-2015, 01:05 PM)RepentantSky Wrote: [ -> ]FF7 Remake gameplay, which I figured a lot of people would be mad about since the game is clearly not turn-based anymore

I think the game's producer put it well. I don't remember the exact quote but he said that while it might have worked well on PS1, having these realistic new character models standing in a row, waiting for their turn and jumping around doing their moves would have looked just silly. And I gotta agree. If we are to have a modern style gameplay in the game with running around freely in the world and stuff, having these random moments where you just stand around waiting would break the flow of the game completely. As long as it's not the automated poop from XIII and more akin to XII or something like that, I'm okay with it.

I fully agree. in fact I was hoping for a battle system like the one we were shown, but I figured most of the fans from back in the day would hate to see these changes. Not that it matter much to me anymore, I don't play episodic games because they always release a full version later and I hate not being able to play the entire game, so unless this one gets a full release, I don't want it anymore. Releasing it in episodic format has totally removed any want I had for it.
I know that the original Final Fantasy 7 was released in three discs. But they're releasing the remake in an episodic matter? I'm surprised. You think with today's technology they'll just be able to release the remake in just two discs instead of releasing it separately.
(12-07-2015, 06:18 PM)CLXcool Wrote: [ -> ]I know that the original Final Fantasy 7 was released in three discs. But they're releasing the remake in an episodic matter? I'm surprised. You think with today's technology they'll just be able to release the remake in just two discs instead of releasing it separately.

But why do that when you know people will buy it in episodes and you can make more money?

It's Final Fantasy VII for Pete's sake. Of course they're going to milk it.
Yeah, its square. So its no surprise that there going to milk the hell out of it.
(12-07-2015, 06:18 PM)CLXcool Wrote: [ -> ]I know that the original Final Fantasy 7 was released in three discs. But they're releasing the remake in an episodic matter? I'm surprised. You think with today's technology they'll just be able to release the remake in just two discs instead of releasing it separately.

Why two discs overall?

Why not just one God damn disc?

This isn't a matter of "there isn't enough space", and if it was they could release it as a digital download instead.

This is literally a cash grab banking off nostalgia, and honestly even the casuals are getting pissed by their decisions, so who knows what they're going to do now.
Wait, what? Episodic? No, that can't be right...

Well, after a few searches on the internet that seems to be the case. But....... why? You can't just make an RPG episodic D: A game that is supposed to last for 50 hours and have an open world and all the secrets and.... WHY? D: I get it with Resident Evil, the game's were cut into chapters long before Revelations 2, which was only a spinoff, mind you, so Capcom was just capitalizing on that. But those games were no RPGs.

So that's 50 hours, cut into "full-sized games" which in this case is probably like 5 hours each, that will be 10 episodes, most likely around $20 each... So it's a $200 digital download. Sweet.

Even if they cut the content to half, it'd still be like 5 episodes, same price aaand a $100 digital download still sounds retarded.
(12-08-2015, 01:58 AM)retrolinkx Wrote: [ -> ]

Why two discs overall?

Why not just one [bleeeep] disc?

This isn't a matter of "there isn't enough space", and if it was they could release it as a digital download instead.

This is literally a cash grab banking off nostalgia, and honestly even the casuals are getting pissed by their decisions, so who knows what they're going to do now.

It's funny how Metal gear could put it on one disc.

The Format itself just bothers me, and most everyone else it seems. I seriously hope that since almost everyone is reacting poorly to this news that Square fixes it, but they aren't likely going to. The best I can hope for in the current situation is that they'll release all the episodes next year and in 2017, release a 20th anniversary edition which includes the full game and some cool extras like a Cloud figure and an artbook or something, because I'd buy that. The episode format though, I won't even begin to touch.
Pages: 1 2