VGFacts

Full Version: Super Mario 64 Level select sound similar to Super Mario Bros. overworld theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've recently noticed that the Level select sound (before you choose a level and after you jump into a painting) from Super Mario 64 is actually the first few notes of the Super Mario Bros. overworld theme but with vocals.

I mean, that's pretty much the theme of the series in general(every time someone hears that music, they think of Mario) and it has been remixed countless times in different games, so it's not that suprising.

Just to put a example: the menu theme of the same game(mario 64) is a complete remix of the song

(12-24-2015, 09:18 AM)star platinum Wrote: [ -> ]I mean, that's pretty much the theme of the series in general(every time someone hears that music, they think of Mario) and it has been remixed countless times in different games, so it's not that suprising.

Just to put a example: the menu theme of the same game(mario 64) is a complete remix of the song

Now that you said that Nintendo does remix their music in general (not counting Super Smash Bros. games). I've heard quite a few reused or remixed music in a few games.
(12-24-2015, 12:27 PM)Riku434 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-24-2015, 09:18 AM)star platinum Wrote: [ -> ]I mean, that's pretty much the theme of the series in general(every time someone hears that music, they think of Mario) and it has been remixed countless times in different games, so it's not that suprising.

Now that you said that Nintendo does remix their music in general (not counting Super Smash Bros. games). I've heard quite a few reused or remixed music in a few games.

Like i said: that's the theme of the mario series and it has been used in over 9000 games or something....
It's not that uncommon. BUT, if you find something uncommon or a kind of nod to something, that really stands out.
Check this one out.
Yes, the pause was similar for many licensed Nintendo games, but the exact same sound file from Excitebike was used over 10 years later. And I couldn't find that anywhere on the web.
You're on the right track, though, kid. Keep it up. Both of ya.

Oh...y'all are actually going by the submission process, correct? This just serves as the source for your content.