VGFacts

Full Version: Dreamcast 2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After all these years, they're finally getting back into the console business. A little late me thinks.
It's interesting but I wouldn't hold my breath. I don't think Sega cares about getting back into the competition.
It sounds like a steam machine, so if this becomes a thing, its just brand recognition.
Sooo it's not even an official project but a pitch? Wouldn't get my hopes up. Even says that under the title on the page.
Take it from me guys. The biggest DC fan on VGFacts (I guess). It's fake.

I mean, unless Sega are going to go for a $30 million kickstarter or something, I really doubt they have the time, personnel and skill to actually make a console, give it a line up to beat out the PS4/Xbox/Wii U and make a profit, let alone break even.

If they instead try and make some sort of throwback Dreamcast console that is a quarter the size, and has all the game ever released on it, with controller support and all that stuff, the it'd be a fair thing to make a big deal about and sell. I'd get one.

Overall though, it's nothing important.

Oh, it's not even official. Who even cares?

I called it. Its fake.
I dunno why SEGA would ever enter the console market ever again.
There wasn't even any calling on this. It said many times in the article that it was a project not associated with Sega in any way.
nooo guys its real just check out dis video by a guy who looked up maya tutorials

Nah but seriously, the Dreamcast was a big ol' flop and no amount of nostalgia flailing or nonsensical petitions is going to reverse the damage it caused. Even outside of finances, the founders have said numerous times that they didn't want to limit themselves to their own hardware.