VGFacts

Full Version: What IPS would you like to see Sega return to?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now, in one of my previous posts on here. I mentioned that Sega teased gamers that something new was coming for 'fans of the classics'(meaning games from the 16 bit era of gaming). That made me jump to the conclusion that they were going to reveal a new game from one of their old IPS that they haven't touched in years. But it was later revealed that they were making a collection of games for the 3DS. Now. Let's admit it. Sonic the hedgehog has ran its course, and it's time for the hedgehog(along with the series) to take a long break until Sega figures out what made the games great in the first place. I believe its time Sega should go back to some of their old IPS. Since Sonic is losing interest from some of the gamers in the community of gamers, the interest for Sega's older games grows. If anyone points out Sega's attempts for their revivals for their series. Some have been good(like Nights for the Wii) while others have not(Golden Axe)

So. What game from Sega, that hasn't been touched in years, would you like to see Sega bring back in a new game(be it a sequel or a remastered remake)?  It has to be a sega game that HASN'T seen the light in years. If it has gotten at least two sequels, but hasn't gotten a 4th title then that qualifies a game that should have a comeback. Or even as a one shot game that has gotten a cult following over the years.

Even though there were attempts for a 4th title in the series planned, but sadly enough was scrapped(twice). Streets of Rage deserves a chance on being revived from Sega. Side scrollers are still a thing(as it was proven with Rayman and Mario). Plus, the interest for a new Street of rage game is huge. So this would be good to see return. Even though he has been referenced, and had cameos here and there in other Sega games. Billy hatcher and the giant egg is one of the games that Sega doesn't want anyone to know that they developed. It was developed by the same studio that makes the sonic games. What made Billy Hatcher fun to me(aside from the character designs feeling like an anime from the days where anime looked like Astro boy). That it was different from Sonic Team. The good kind of different. I have a hunch that some people behind Sonic Team would like to do another game with Billy. 

What games would you like to see Sega go back to?
Sorry, but I don't think I'm gonna go with your curriculum here. Talk about what you'd like to see from then sure, but let everyone else talk about what they want to, which is exactly what I'm going to do. That said, I would like to see them delve back into the Phantasy Star Universe series. I know a lot of people who like the Phantasy Star series are going to go on and on about PSO, but I really liked the games for PS2 and the PSP. I know they made one for the DS that I could never find and one did come out for the Vita in Japan as recently as 2014, but the west hasn't seen a new Phantasy Star game since 2009, almost 7 years ago. I think these days, they'd have to expand the gameplay and and area's a bit in order to make them work, but I played Phantasy Star on my PS2 and PSP more than almost every other RPG series that came out around that time, and I'd like to see it in the west again.
I just want to toss this out...

An adventure game set in the Altered Beast narrative.

Think about it, the first section of the game is going through various stages learning your were forms. Then the second half of the game has fighting and solving puzzles by figuring out which beast form is best to use to a given situation.

High wall you can't get past? You need the WereDragon's flight ability. Enemies that knock you down so you can't fight them? The WereBear's solid defense will stop that. Need to climb a tall wall? The WereWolf's claws will let you do that.

Aside from that, I think a re-imagining of Streets of Rage would be cool. More story and narrative (I'm a writer, so I always vote for more narrative) and make the side-scrolling beat-'em-up a little crisper than we had in the 16-bit days. That Double Dragon Neo looked fantastic and, though I never played it myself, it seemed like it honored the old days' play style pretty well; even if the game was just overt the top insanity.

I think a remake of Chakahn the Forever Man with save point would be fantastic. It had a rich narrative, that was missing from the game's execution. Maybe variable difficulties since the game is hell on veterans and impossible on newbies, one of the original game's common complaints.

Those are all I can really think of right now.
A new Shinobi game would be nice, or at least a new port for the 3DS since some of the older games in the series are quite hard to come by. I would also love to see a Streets of Rage game done in the same style as Double Dragon Neon.

Oh, and ports of Dynamite Detective and Dynamite Deka EX: Asian Dynamite! I would love to try those game out.

(01-22-2016, 09:36 PM)CLXcool Wrote: [ -> ]remastered HD remake

Never ever mix remaster with remake. Every time you do a classic game series dies.
There is a decent Shinobi on 3DS, but we can always use more Shinobi. I really wantbLost Vikings also.
(01-23-2016, 12:36 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: [ -> ]There is a decent Shinobi on 3DS, but we can always use more Shinobi.  I really wantbLost Vikings also.

Which one do you mean? I already have Shinobi III and the Game Gear Shinobi. I haven't bought Shinobi 3D yet, though I probably should.
(01-23-2016, 02:03 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-23-2016, 12:36 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: [ -> ]There is a decent Shinobi on 3DS, but we can always use more Shinobi.  I really wantbLost Vikings also.

Which one do you mean? I already have Shinobi III and the Game Gear Shinobi. I haven't bought Shinobi 3D yet, though I probably should.

Shinobi 3D. It is good.
All of them.

I mean, what's the point of keeping all these IP's without at least giving one of them a shot in the current industry? Sega love to hoard their IP's because they believe they're not going to sell well.

Personally, I'd like to see some more HD ports. Shenmue 1 and 2, Skies of Arcadia, and JSRF all need to be released on current consoles and PC.

Sequels to all of them as well. Skies of Arcadia 2, JSR3, Sonic Adventure 3. Hell, they should try and bring old classics to the modern era. Imagine a 3D shooter of Vectorman or ever a 2D platformer for the 3DS/Wii U. Bring back Alex Kidd in a similar manner to what happened with Kid Icarus. Bring back Ristar, Streets of Rage. All those games.

At least give them a chance in this industry, see what people might want and enjoy and cater to that, or hell. Ask the damn fans what they'd like to see, go to Sony and tell them they'll make "x" game for the PS4 if they could get some funding for the marketing or something.

Sega basically have everything they need to make a great game with their Ip's apart from the money.

I mean just look at what they have here.

[Image: rKh9c5q.jpg]

I'd love to see a lot of these get a sequel.

Still, after a quick google of Sega's IP's. I was reminded that they actually own Atlus, and they said they could revive any Sega IP they want. So that's pretty cool I guess
Seaman for SGDQ.

I want to see more Valkyria Chronicles, but I want to see more like the first one. You go from a tragic war story to a bunch of kids in an academy! How do you work out that transition in a logical manner?
(01-23-2016, 11:18 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: [ -> ]At least give them a chance in this industry, see what people might want and enjoy and cater to that, or hell. Ask the damn fans what they'd like to see, go to Sony and tell them they'll make "x" game for the PS4 if they could get some funding for the marketing or something.

Didn't they do pretty much exactly that with Shenmue 3?
I'd like Sega to make another Skies of Arcadia game or at least a remake of the game. I'm very interested in the game. But most likely It will never happen.
(01-24-2016, 11:58 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote: [ -> ]Seaman for SGDQ.

I want to see more Valkyria Chronicles, but I want to see more like the first one. You go from a tragic war story to a bunch of kids in an academy! How do you work out that transition in a logical manner?

Speak of the devil I guess. I'm really not sure how you could remaster a game like this though. Its so stylized that you really couldn't change all that much without screwing it up visually. I hope there's new missions and stuff.
It's probably just the PC port with the DLC stuff or something.
(01-24-2016, 01:10 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-23-2016, 11:18 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: [ -> ]At least give them a chance in this industry, see what people might want and enjoy and cater to that, or hell. Ask the damn fans what they'd like to see, go to Sony and tell them they'll make "x" game for the PS4 if they could get some funding for the marketing or something.

Didn't they do pretty much exactly that with Shenmue 3?

I believe so, from what I gathered, Sony did go to Sega and said if they could use the franchise for a game for the PS4 in which Sega wouldn't have to spend any money on anything I believe.

Overall, it wasn't really Sony, it was more or less that one person presenting who was also friends with Yu Suzuki who sort of got Sony to be like "We're already the good guys in this industry, lets try and be more good" and made Shenmue 3.