VGFacts

Full Version: There will be no Assassin's Creed, or Watchdogs in 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
According to an article by the nerdist, the AC series is taking that break we all thought it might, but I've seen some articles that suggest Watchdogs 2 may not release until March of next year. Here's the article I saw on Nerdist: http://nerdist.com/ubisoft-announces-ass...n-the-way/

So, the question becomes, what will Ubisoft do this year if WD2 isn't ready by the holidays? Personally, I'd be curious to find out, but I swear I will be mad if it's a game of the year edition of something they are already releasing. What do you guys think?
Does this mean Ubisoft will focus on Rayman for the consoles?
Who knows, but if Watch Dogs is really a 2017 release, they'll need to do something big at E3 this year.
My best bet is that Ubisoft would show Beyond good and evil 2 for this year's E3.
That would hold them over until Watch Dogs without a doubt. I don't want to get too hopeful, but it would be awesome.
Maybe they're just putting all their resources into helping out with the Assassin's Creed movie this year? Haha.
Not surprised about Watchdogs but holy crap did AC need a break.
AC really does need a break. Honestly. A few year break can't possibly hurt the series can it? Besides. We're getting a live-action movie based off of the game that's scheduled to come out this year. So in the meantime, Ubisoft has other series that they can work on while AC takes a break.
They're making a Sequel to Watchdogs?

Who even wanted that, the game was terrible? Plus there was no mission where you used your phone to hack electrical objects in a house to make the family think there is a poltergeist in the house.
(02-13-2016, 01:21 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: [ -> ]They're making a Sequel to Watchdogs?

Are you kidding me? That ending was such sequel bait.

But I agree, I never asked for a sequel either. If it's supposed to be in San Francisco like I've heard, then that will be interesting as we haven't seen a rendition of San Francisco since Driver: SF I believe. However, Watch Dogs just felt like a modern AC for me, right down to the structure and gameplay of it. That's even more emphasized since the newest AC had drivable carriages, so it made AC feel more like Watch Dogs.

I'm not excited. It's going to take a lot from Ubisoft if they think that we'll just jump right back into Watch Dogs after everything that they did with the first. Good thing they're taking some time because they'll need it.