VGFacts

Full Version: Persona 5 releases on Valentines Day!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Persona 5's release date was dropped on the PS blog today. All the details you need are right here: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/0...-day-2017/

Obviously, I am super excited, and I'm also happy that the collectors edition is only $89.99 because I honestly thought it would go for a lot more. I'm seriously so excited that I don't have proper words right now, but it's on it's way, so yay! So many yays!
202X EU Release, doe
You all might be happy to know, you get the same release date as we do in North America: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/09/p...f74c000002
Somehow I get this thought of the special edition being called "Do you know love? Edition".
(08-10-2016, 01:57 AM)Melcadrien Wrote: [ -> ]Somehow I get this thought of the special edition being called "Do you know love? Edition".

That would be interesting. In North America, it's called the "Take Your Heart" Edition.
Totally taking almost that entire month off to play this. I'm trying so hard to stay in the dark so I can be super surprised by everything. Of course I ordered the collector's edition as well; that was a very fair price for everything!

Now the only question is... What comes next? Catherine 2? Devil Summoner 3? Another entry into the core SMT line? More P4 spin-offs?
(08-13-2016, 02:36 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: [ -> ]Totally taking almost that entire month off to play this. I'm trying so hard to stay in the dark so I can be super surprised by everything. Of course I ordered the collector's edition as well; that was a very fair price for everything!

Now the only question is... What comes next? Catherine 2? Devil Summoner 3? Another entry into the core SMT line? More P4 spin-offs?

Etrian Odyssey IV actually.  Atlus already released the game in Japan last week, so it stands to reason that E05 will come out sometime after Persona 5 but before any new Persona Spin-offs or any other sequels from other IP's. That said, I really want a new Persona Q with the characters from 4 and 5, a new Persona fighting game, and maybe even a new dancing all night game, provided that the cast from P5 are as likable as the ones from P4.
Ah, sorry! I was not clear at all! I meant only in terms of SMT and related titles. Like... The PS2 had so many! Digital Devil Saga, Nocturne, Persona, Devil Summoner... I'd honestly just like to see that variety again on a console.

P4 was such a hit Atlus is smart to milk it, though, and they did actually give us darn good games (bless them for not leaving out Adachi).

P4 came out so shortly after P3 P5 is going to be so radically different because of what they're able to do on the PS4 (and no doubt a much bigger budget). It's really too bad Atlus likes to leave loose ends. Will Elizabeth ever change the P3 protag's fate? Will Adachi ever get out of jail? What's Sho doing now? I'm also curious that, since Nanako was exposed to the TV World, if she'll ever develop some sort of Persona ability.
My friend who lives in Japan told me about an Easter egg where, if you watch TV in your room during non-important events, "interviews" with P4 character will play and GUESS WHAT.

(11-12-2016, 11:31 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: [ -> ]My friend who lives in Japan told me about an Easter egg where, if you watch TV in your room during non-important events, "interviews" with P4 character will play and GUESS WHAT.

I actually kind of figured that one. I won't be explaining why, because then what's the point of the spoiler tags, but no shockers there.

Not spoilers, but I would skip this if you're trying to stay totally in the dark. I will make a comment about the video in spoiler tags just in case.

EDIT: ALSO DELAYED UNTIL APRIL. FML, but free dual audio is very unexpected!

http://m.ca.ign.com/articles/2016/11/16/...d-to-april
I'm so pissed this game got delayed again. It needs to go gold already. For God sake it's only a translation, it shouldn't take that long. I would have preferred more text based story if that's what it took. I don't care about the Japanese Voice cast either. The English voice casting is honestly set to be the best in the Persona series, I won't need the Japanese voice cast as it. It's just so bullshit that they did this.
(11-16-2016, 04:09 PM)RepentantSky Wrote: [ -> ]I'm so pissed this game got delayed again. It needs to go gold already. For God sake it's only a translation, it shouldn't take that long. I would have preferred more text based story if that's what it took. I don't care about the Japanese Voice cast either. The English voice casting is honestly set to be the best in the Persona series, I won't need the Japanese voice cast as it. It's just so bullshit that they did this.

Oh, I'm not pleased either! If memory serves this is only the fourth game Atlus has ever delayed after announcing a release date. This is truly surprising because of the whole "hearts" theme they were going with you'd think they'd really keep Valentines Day firm. 

P5 is such a huge deal I'm guessing they're just being extra paranoid to avoid any error since they have made mistakes in the past like not translating some text and screwing up with text boxes. Oh, I also love the English dubs, but dual audio makes for some interesting replay value and it's going to make a bunch of people finally STFU.
(11-16-2016, 04:27 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2016, 04:09 PM)RepentantSky Wrote: [ -> ]I'm so pissed this game got delayed again. It needs to go gold already. For God sake it's only a translation, it shouldn't take that long. I would have preferred more text based story if that's what it took. I don't care about the Japanese Voice cast either. The English voice casting is honestly set to be the best in the Persona series, I won't need the Japanese voice cast as it. It's just so bullshit that they did this.

Oh, I'm not pleased either! If memory serves this is only the fourth game Atlus has ever delayed after announcing a release date. This is truly surprising because of the whole "hearts" theme they were going with you'd think they'd really keep Valentines Day firm. 

P5 is such a huge deal I'm guessing they're just being extra paranoid to avoid any error since they have made mistakes in the past like not translating some text and screwing up with text boxes. Oh, I also love the English dubs, but dual audio makes for some interesting replay value and it's going to make a bunch of people finally STFU.

I'd agree but the problem is that Atlus themselves have confirmed they will be adding staff to the project which means despite this game basically being their bread and butter, they weren't dedicating themselves fully to the project. Everything else they can possible make should take a backseat to P5 after all the delays and the length of them, yet they didn't. That means the game is basically being delayed because Atlus was too stupid to focus on it properly. That is a huge fail.

(11-16-2016, 10:08 AM)Hexadecimal Wrote: [ -> ]

Not spoilers, but I would skip this if you're trying to stay totally in the dark. I will make a comment about the video in spoiler tags just in case.

EDIT: ALSO DELAYED UNTIL APRIL. FML, but free dual audio is very unexpected!

http://m.ca.ign.com/articles/2016/11/16/...d-to-april

Regarding your spoiler tag, the only thing I can possibly think is English VA doesn't want to do it because of what happened in Japan, or Vic Mignogna wasn't allowed to do it because the character has too many lines.
Pages: 1 2