VGFacts

Full Version: Email Notifications not Working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think it started happening yesterday. I have not received a single message that people have replied to threads. Anyone else having this problem?
From my understanding, you recieve Email Notifications when you are subscribed to a thread.
(08-20-2016, 04:53 PM)Space Jockey Wrote: [ -> ]From my understanding, you recieve Email Notifications when you are subscribed to a thread.

Yup, and I have it set that I automatically receive notifications to any thread I've replied to. Those just suddenly stopped. 

I double checked and I didn't accidentally block it or anything.
This is a known and irritating issue. You have a Microsoft-based email address and, for no apparent reason, Microsoft has blocked communications originating from my server's IP address due to user reports or past spam activity, apparently. I've already submitted a request to have it removed but haven't heard back yet. Until then, all email originating from any of our sties destined for Microsoft email addresses (@hotmail.com, @outlook.com, @msn.com, @live.com, etc.) is being rejected.
(08-20-2016, 08:24 PM)Petie Wrote: [ -> ]This is a known and irritating issue. You have a Microsoft-based email address and, for no apparent reason, Microsoft has blocked communications originating from my server's IP address due to user reports or past spam activity, apparently. I've already submitted a request to have it removed but haven't heard back yet. Until then, all email originating from any of our sties destined for Microsoft email addresses (@hotmail.com, @outlook.com, @msn.com, @live.com, etc.) is being rejected.

Oh... I had no idea. Bummer. Thank you so much for trying to fix the issue and explaining to me what was wrong; hopefully they'll start letting the emails through again soon.
Their system is really poorly designed to handle issues like this. I submitted the request last night but there's been no feedback and it doesn't take into account that I have more than one domain sending out from that IP so I'm not optimistic about it being handled quickly which is really bad. If you temporarily change to a Gmail address, you'll get notifications again. Otherwise, it's just a waiting game at this point, unfortunately.
I was just curious what the problem was is all; it's really no big deal for me just to poke my head in every once in awhile and see if anything new is happening.
I think this is now resolved. If anyone that wasn't getting emails before could confirm, that would be great.
Can confirm! Lots of notification emails in my inbox! Thank you!
God... It's happening again. I've just had my Hotmail email for ages and don't want to ditch it, but...
Same problem as before and same lack of solution. It's really getting old that they're just blanket rejecting email from this server with no way to correct the issue. I emailed the datacenter but I haven't heard back yet.
And now they're back again. Hopefully they'll leave it alone this time.
It was a different IP this time and I was able to get them to unblock the entire range I have tied to the server so hopefully that's the last time.