VGFacts

Full Version: Elec Man's Theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did you know that the theme for Elec man's stage is a possible reference to two bands. The theme sounds very simpler to Journey's song "Faithfully" and REM's song "All The Right Friends."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrLThSLBQv8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agANCf56Eww

These songs sound very similar to each other and are even played in the same key signature. However, Capcom has not confirmed nor denied that the song is a reference.

http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Mega_Man_%...%29#Trivia
Honestly, that might just be a coincidence. It's not like those 4 starting notes are rare as hell anyway. It's like comparing Rick Astley with Robo's Theme, they sound somewhat alike but not related aside from it.
It's a common theory with fans and both songs came out before Rockman, so it could be. However, I would not be disappointed too much if it is not posted.
(04-10-2013, 05:38 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: [ -> ]It's a common theory with fans and both songs came out before Rockman, so it could be. However, I would not be disappointed too much if it is not posted.

"All the Right Friends" was written in '83, but wasn't released until the '93 re-issue of Dead Letter Office.
(04-10-2013, 06:46 PM)Wardenclyffe Wrote: [ -> ]"All the Right Friends" was written in '83, but wasn't released until the '93 re-issue of Dead Letter Office.

So than the fact would only be for the journey song. It makes since that the songs would be connected, since there are a LOT of music references in Rock/Mega man.
(04-10-2013, 07:24 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2013, 06:46 PM)Wardenclyffe Wrote: [ -> ]"All the Right Friends" was written in '83, but wasn't released until the '93 re-issue of Dead Letter Office.

So than the fact would only be for the journey song. It makes since that the songs would be connected, since there are a LOT of music references in Rock/Mega man.

I read somewhere a while ago that Matsumae was inspired by music of the times AND that theme of music was really important to the game. I looked everywhere for it because I knew it would benefit this thread, but I couldn't find it. But there's no doubt in my mind there are tons of other references.
(04-10-2013, 10:21 PM)Wardenclyffe Wrote: [ -> ]I read somewhere a while ago that Matsumae was inspired by music of the times AND that theme of music was really important to the game. I looked everywhere for it because I knew it would benefit this thread, but I couldn't find it. But there's no doubt in my mind there are tons of other references.

Thank you for trying. I am pretty sure that most (if not all) of the music in the first mega/rock man is a reference in one way or another. This is the only one that stuck out enough that I found it and even the wiki says it. I have proof that the song SOUNDS like it partly, just not the confirmation from the creators that it is true.
when coming to this type of trivia, the best thing would to confirm it with the musician himself. Right now, it could very well be a coincidence, or indeed an inspiration.