VGFacts

Full Version: Help with MGS: Twin Snakes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Me and my brother were talking about Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes. Things like how costly it is on eBay and how some people only sell just one disc out of two. Who does that? Anyways, he recalls trying to play disc 2 without finishing disc 1, and says that a Codec conversation comes up with Otacon. He breaks the fourth wall about finishing disc 1 first, or at least that's what we remember. So, here's where I'd like to get some help, if anyone could be so kind...

If anyone has a copy of Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes for Gamecube, can you try to boot up disc 2, without finishing disc 1, and see if this triggers a special Codec Conversation?

Then I guess whomever does it can submit the trivia themselves, I just want to know what actually happens.

Thanks a whole lot,

Pogue-Mahone
I just registered extra for you.
I've got the game, I'm gonna check that out later.

How shall I proceed? Shall I try to start a new game with Disc 2? Or just load a Save from mid Disc 1 and try to load it on Disc 2?

PS: Gonna try both things anyways :P

Sooo my finds:

1. Starting with Disc 2:
You can start the new game. When you enter the first elevator, the game opens a promt which wants you to insert Disc 1.

2. Sooo, I tried to load at following points:

Heliport: tried to load: Promt for inserting Disc 1 popped up right away.
Commander Room after Killing Psycho Mantis: Promt for Disc 1.

So no Codec talk up till now.

Only thing i could imagine, that it may occur closer to the changing point. So maybe this occurs after the torture scene, there is nearly no story between the Torture and the Disc change point, so maybe there would be a gimmick where they included the relevant part on both discs, but then there would be no need to change the disc after this point, because the actual map files are included on both discs, you can go right back to the Heliport on Disc 2 actually.

So my guess is that your friend got kinda confused, or remebered something wrong.
(06-02-2013, 12:15 PM)Maggifixxx Wrote: [ -> ]I just registered extra for you.
I've got the game, I'm gonna check that out later.

How shall I proceed? Shall I try to start a new game with Disc 2? Or just load a Save from mid Disc 1 and try to load it on Disc 2?

PS: Gonna try both things anyways :P

Sooo my finds:

1. Starting with Disc 2:
You can start the new game. When you enter the first elevator, the game opens a promt which wants you to insert Disc 1.

2. Sooo, I tried to load at following points:

Heliport: tried to load: Promt for inserting Disc 1 popped up right away.
Commander Room after Killing Psycho Mantis: Promt for Disc 1.

So no Codec talk up till now.

Only thing i could imagine, that it may occur closer to the changing point. So maybe this occurs after the torture scene, there is nearly no story between the Torture and the Disc change point, so maybe there would be a gimmick where they included the relevant part on both discs, but then there would be no need to change the disc after this point, because the actual map files are included on both discs, you can go right back to the Heliport on Disc 2 actually.

So my guess is that your friend got kinda confused, or remebered something wrong.

Thanks a lot! We were pretty sure one of the characters showed up and told Snake something along the lines of "You can't do that yet." With the way MGS Games incorporated secrets and Easter Eggs, It would seem like something Kojima would put in the game. Oh well, thanks for clearing that up.

Pogue-Mahone
(06-02-2013, 06:07 PM)Pogue-Mahone Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a lot! We were pretty sure one of the characters showed up and told Snake something along the lines of "You can't do that yet." With the way MGS Games incorporated secrets and Easter Eggs, It would seem like something Kojima would put in the game. Oh well, thanks for clearing that up.
Pogue-Mahone

Well as said, it MAY occur at a later point in the game, I'm going to try this after work.

I'm right after Psycho Mantis right now, so right now what I have to do gamewise:

-Through the Caves
-Getting Meryl shot
-Get PSG1
-Sniper Wolf Mini Fight
-Getting Captured
-Torture
-Get back to the fighting hallway and through the door

And then Disk 2.
Well IF THERE IS such an Easter Egg, I think it would occur pretty late in this list, maybe after the Sniper Wolf Mini Fight, so I'm going to try to load Saves from points after the first fight. Luckily the game is pretty short if you skip all the cutscenes :D

I'm doing this on a Pal Version btw, even though I don't think that matters in any way.

By the way: Are you sure this occured on Twin Snakes? I could try this on the classic one as well.