VGFacts

Full Version: VGFacts Communal Draw Challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a pretty simple concept, really. All you've got to do is put in a suggestion for what to draw. Your suggestion will be honored when you yourself have entered a submission. Take your time and be be chill. This isn't a race. Its just a way of showing how different styles can affect a subject. Now, in regards to the subjects. Have at it, but there's a right to veto here. You never know who's looking at these, ya know?
Sounds interesting.
In honor of new background, I submit Innocent/Good Buu. My reasoning (you don't need any) is that he is a reasonably simple design that can be interpreted in a lot of ways with relative ease while still being accurate, and its conveniently timed.
For reference,
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/drag...1222211847

Here is mine. [Image: rdQRjTA.jpg]
So.....do I draw Buu so y'all study my style (and vice versa) or do we all throw in suggestions and draw our style of different suggestions?
More the second one. Its all voluntary, but the more suggestions that get drawn by each person, the better.
Anyone interested in this still? It isn't gonna go far with just me.
I am definitely interested. I'm going to a wedding in a little while. I'll try to get around to doing this soon.
I finally did this! I decided iwouldn't do anything else until I did (shower, laundry, adulting lol). Hopefully, it's kind of what Psychospacecow was aiming for:

I decided to use chalk pastels since I haven't used them in several years and used the same link Psychospacecow did for a Buu reference and found a Ghostbusters pic on Google and decided to combine them.

First, I decided to do a rough outline
[Image: V5QV8Jz.jpg]

[Image: 4G57V9q.jpg]

Next I started filling in with the pastels, used my finger to spread the dust for further filling in, and repeated this a few times until I got to the point where I was ready to give a sketchy outline for a little detail
[Image: ftYspUq.jpg]

[Image: G96nWAI.jpg]

Last, I added the streams from the proton guns and sketched a little detail. Voila!
[Image: TaHH2g5.jpg]
That's a lot more effort than I was expecting from something like this. Very impressive and good humor.
Thanks. It only took about an hour. The reference you used was easy to follow and all I really did was change the arms and when I did the ghostbusters, I swapped Harold Ramis' and Dan Aykroyd's positions.
I thought using black paper would make the colors pop, whereas I usually use that black paper for white charcoal but I have used it with color pencil:

(Sorry about the glare)
[Image: uLIKlsE.jpg]

I will put this in my art thread, but I thought it could fit here if I did a progress-type showing and it's fun to experiment with different mediums. I normally use chalk pastels on velour paper.