VGFacts

Full Version: Sega Genesis is back in production
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.highsnobiety.com/2016/11/07/s...roduction/

To my surprise. The Sega Genesis is back.
Apparently the console itself got a bit of a revamp. Kinda costly to anyone outside of the South Americas, though.
138 for a revamped system? I think I'm good. I don't plan on playing over twice what the official Nintendo Nes costs.
(11-08-2016, 01:39 AM)Melcadrien Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently the console itself got a bit of a revamp. Kinda costly to anyone outside of the South Americas, though.
*reads article*
Mafe in Brazil, huh? Maybe I could pop over the border here for a sec and pick one up...
The official Mini NES costs about half the price of this modded console? Geez. You can get a used one that works just as fine for a fracton of the price.
I wonder if Sega has any say in this. I doubt it but I don' really care for the Genesis anyhow, even if it is the only console to have Megaman: The Wily Wars.
So, someone out here in plain ol'Ohio had the same bright idea:

[Image: CjG5JtC.jpg]

Like shit, there is a stockful in Dollar General.
(11-12-2016, 07:24 PM)Berry Wrote: [ -> ]So, someone out here in plain ol'Ohio had the same bright idea:

This is actually a little old. Horridly wonky from what I hear, bad sound and some games just don't run.
(11-12-2016, 07:24 PM)Berry Wrote: [ -> ]So, someone out here in plain ol'Ohio had the same bright idea:

I actually bought one of these and they are total shit. The games actually run okay despite some bad rumors, but the controllers are garbage, to the point where you can't play any two player games together as if the input for one controller cancels out the other. You need real Genesis controllers to play them.
(11-12-2016, 08:14 PM)RepentantSky Wrote: [ -> ]

I actually bought one of these and they are total shit. The games actually run okay despite some bad rumors, but the controllers are garbage, to the point where you can't play any two player games together as if the input for one controller cancels out the other. You need real Genesis controllers to play them.

The games that don't run are few and far between, but it's based on the Genesis Model 3. Some games won't run on the model 3 becuase of a changed line of code dealing with the processsor that imporved some functions. However, at least two Genesis games had used the mistake in the processor in the model 1 and 2 purposedly, making them unplayable on the model 3 and this thing also.