VGFacts

Full Version: Smach Z The sort of Handheld Gaming PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sma...gn1_SmachZ

So this is a thing and I really unsure if I should trust it or not. Not because I don't believe it will work, the system specs on it seem to indicate that it will work well enough to be playable, and it is up-gradable, and it will support Linux and Windows 10, but I feel like it won't really feel like PC gaming. The frames they show range from 25 to 45 which is worrisome. It would have been nice to see something, even a fighting game running the handheld at 60 FPS, because honestly, if it can't run that high, it's not much more than a glorified PS Vita, which doesn't sound bad, but that's not really a PC experience just because it has Steam on it.

What are your thoughts on it?
I'm thinking OUYA but with a screen attached to it.
(11-08-2016, 02:21 PM)Melcadrien Wrote: [ -> ]I'm thinking OUYA but with a screen attached to it.

The problem with OUYA is that it thought it could go mainstream, so long as Smach Z tries to be taken seriously by the dedicated gaming community may lead to a small cult following.

Otherwise, I'm content with my underpower *New* 3ds.