VGFacts

Full Version: RIP Wii U
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From a consumer standpoint the Wii U wasn't as bad as some people claim, specially considering it had (one of) the best first-party catalogues in the market. However, the Wii U as a business move (i.e. sales performance) was absolutely terrible.

Those are my 2 cents on the subject.
Unlike the rest of the folks here, I hardly knew you, Wii U. That doesn't mean I never toke you seriously as the other consoles of yore. Why, you had tried your damned hardest at attracting by putting out games like Hyrule Warriors, SSB, Bayonetta 2 and Splatoon. Hell, you even pimped out any 3rd Party port, like Tekken Tag Tournament 2, that came your way. I didn't have the pleasure to purchasing and using you but if I had the inclination at the time, I would've done it in a heartbeat. Have a stead journey to beyond, sweet prince.

May the NX console switch it up.
I know some people will likely want to buy a Wii U for the console exclusive games. But if they're going to discontinue it I wonder if that will make it easier or harder to buy it.
I imagine most of the noteworthy exclusive are gonna get ported.
Well, i don't like to say things such as "i told you" but...

(11-02-2016, 01:40 PM)retr0pia75 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-02-2016, 08:21 AM)Space Jockey Wrote: [ -> ]Report: Nintendo to Cease Wii U Productions November 4

It's been debunked.
http://thenextweb.com/gaming/2016/11/02/...sole-stop/

This (among other reasons) is why you shouldn't trust Kotaku: They are the buzzfeed of Videogames
Could've made this thread back on the launch date.

(Low blow I know)