VGFacts

Full Version: VG Facts Awards 2017 !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Hold on to your seats because... It's that time of year again !

Time to celebrate the various characters on this forum through the medium of a ceremony that makes the Oscars jealous !

Who was the most compulsive thanker ? Who really needs to get more sleep ? You decide (unless a majority of other people decide someone else, or maybe I meant the collective 'you' as in "you all decide", but then that would also be wrong unless everyone votes unanimously...) !

Here's how it's going to go :
January 21st to February 9th
Submit and debate ideas for awards categories
Submit your ideas publically on this thread

February 9th to February 19th
Submit your nominees for the selected categories
Submit your nominations, as well as your reasons why, to me via Private Message

February 25th to March 10th
Vote for your favourite choice
Voting is done by sending me your choices via Private Mesage

Like last year, voting will follow the preferential ballot system, which I will explain below in the spoiler-tags.

All votes received and any other related data will be shared with two other members of the forum for cross-examination.

Happy category suggesting !!
That time of year again? Hot diggity dog!
These always sneak up on me.
Let me be the first to sugest... things. (Names are subject to change.)

Most Majestic Avatar
Best Trivia Submission
Best Gamer (for anyone who made videos and/or streamed)
Newscaster (for anyone who posted news, video gamng or otherwise)
Best Newcomer (for anyone who joined in the last year)
Showcaser (for anyone who has found cool items)

and the obligatory:
Most Generous/Kind (for the person who thanked the most)
Gamemaster's Award Get Some Sleep, Man (for the longest Time Spent Online stat)
King of the Forums
Alright here some ideas

Best Pic of your pet(for those who post images of their pets)
Weirdest Avatar
Most obscure reference of trivia on culture(for the Did You Know general thread)
Best day of your life
Worse luck of 2016
(01-21-2017, 08:01 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: [ -> ]These always sneak up on me.

When I first saw the thread appear, I thought "What the hell? Surely we are NOT doing this in January". Then, as usual, Seriously shows us why he's the man with this nice format of a time line.

* Manliest Day..... can we still call it that without someone being offended?
* Humanitarian Award
* Best Dream
* Blowing Some Steam OR A Series of Unfortunate Vents (see what I did there? Huh?Huh?)
I can't believe it's been another year! Thanks for keeping on top of this!
Is there going to be a livestream for this like there was last year? If there is. I'll try to show up for it if I got nothing on the said day.
(01-22-2017, 01:27 PM)CLXcool Wrote: [ -> ]Is there going to be a livestream for this like there was last year? If there is. I'll try to show up for it if I got nothing on the said day.

Yep, most likely on Discord.
I second the news category, although let's be honest, Zpace Jockey has that one in the bag lol.
We should also include a, Best New Member and just for the fun of it, most dedicated poster as well. Also, I don't know if we had a lot in the way of returning members this year, but if we did, might as well acknowledge it.
It wont surprise me if Zpace Jockey gets nominated for the news category.
(01-22-2017, 01:43 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-22-2017, 01:27 PM)CLXcool Wrote: [ -> ]Is there going to be a livestream for this like there was last year? If there is. I'll try to show up for it if I got nothing on the said day.

Yep, most likely on Discord.

Psh. What kind of idiot uses Discord? Wait..
Best Veteran Award: For all of us who have been around since the DYKG days. Really, it should go to all of us, but let's see who's truly the best.
Monster Reborn Award: For the user who always seems to be posting and keeping random threads alive, whether it's inane chatter or something really interesting
Never 5get ;-;7 Award: For those who are no longer with us ;-;7. (I don't mean dead, I just mean those who we no longer see because they're just not active anymore, they can even be from DYKG like Beardy or Nuudoru)
Best Moderator Award: Hey, they need love too.
The First Annual VGFacts Award for outstanding achievement in the field of excellence: No real reason. Just nominate someone for this award.
(01-22-2017, 02:32 PM)RepentantSky Wrote: [ -> ]I second the news category, although let's be honest, Zpace Jockey has that one in the bag lol.
We should also include a, Best New Member and just for the fun of it, most dedicated poster as well. Also, I don't know if we had a lot in the way of returning members this year, but if we did, might as well acknowledge it.

Well, my Sig would totes look nicer if I had one of those sexy 2017 VGFacts trophies...

Also, for Trophy ideas:

The "Get Wrecked" Award: If you ever had a bad-ass moment in gaming. Ex. The Retrolinkx 360 Market Garden Kill.

Jokester Award: For anybody who made the best jokes in the Playground thread, specifically the Clever Joke Thread.

The Trivial User Award: More specific to the General "Did You Know" thread, There is some good stuff in there.
Kick Out The Jams: Best Additions to the Music Thread
Best New Year's Resolutions: Several people talked about theirs this year: let's force those people to WORK on them actually for them sweet, sweet trophies.
Best Mustache: I just had mine professionally trimmed. Is it wrong to be this vain and try to get an award for it? Of course it's wrong, but we're all imperfect so just try and stop me.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11